Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Top Rank Prez Feels Beterbiev-Smith Will Answer 'Big Question' on Beterbiev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Top Rank Prez Feels Beterbiev-Smith Will Answer 'Big Question' on Beterbiev

As previously reported on BoxingScene.com, Callum Smith will challenge Artur Beterbiev for the WBO, IBF, WBC light heavyweight world titles on August 20. Beterbiev will have home advantage, as the event takes place in Quebec City, Canada.
    [Click Here To Read More]

We want Bivol not callum

Comment

Of course Yarde was up on the cards. It was in his backyard. Beterbiev dominated that fight and I generously gave Yarde two rounds before the stoppage. Beterbiev looked a tad sleepy, nothing more.

Night, Callum.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarAnt05 View Post
        We want Bivol not callum
        Well Bivol is fighting Canelo next so what should he just wait until early next year to fight again. I'm cool with hm fighting the #3 ranked LHW.
        landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Yet another sad mismatch for Artur. Signing with Bob was the dumbest thing he could have done.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post
            Yet another sad mismatch for Artur. Signing with Bob was the dumbest thing he could have done.
            It got him three of the four belts lol

Only reason he didn't get that "Marquee Fight" is because Kovalev ducked to fight Canelo.

Beterbiev KO's Krusher and he's a much bigger name.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
              Of course Yarde was up on the cards. It was in his backyard. Beterbiev dominated that fight and I generously gave Yarde two rounds before the stoppage. Beterbiev looked a tad sleepy, nothing more.

Night, Callum.
              I will give Yarde this much: He came to win. I never really thought Beterbiev was "losing", but I did think Yarde came out sharper. Like you said... Beterbiev looked sleepy. Once he woke up, it was a forgone conclusion as Yarde was taking to give a few and that is a dumb strategy against a 100% KO rate opponent.

Not sure what Smith offers that is more of a threat than Yarde.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post

Well Bivol is fighting Canelo next so what should he just wait until early next year to fight again. I'm cool with hm fighting the #3 ranked LHW.
                Yeah. I agree and have said the same thing. It will be early in 2024 before Bivol will be available. Assuming Beterbiev wins this, I actually hope he gets one more fight in this year, like in November. He looks better the more active he is. It can be a lighter touch just to stay sharp, but I think he needs it. Bivol is a serious threat. Beterbiev needs fresh legs under him, but he has shown ring rust at times. That is worrying against an intelligent warrior like Bivol.
                Shadoww702 Shadoww702 likes this.

Comment

Yarde had success because he was as physically as strong as Beterbiev, so Beterbiev had to wear him down and beat him with skill. I don't think Smith has that same strength, so Beterbiev will be able to steamroll.

Comment

More money to be won betting on Artur

Comment

Working...
                    X