Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi: Joshua Should Go Straight To Wilder, Could Risk Defeat in Interim-Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Malignaggi: Joshua Should Go Straight To Wilder, Could Risk Defeat in Interim-Fight

Former two division world champion Paulie Malignaggi believes heavyweight contender Anthony Joshua is now past his best. He feels the skills are still there, but doesn't see the killer instinct in the former two-time world champion.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Josh.might look his old self against wilder, kill or be killed. Yes, wilder can go straight to Josh fight also, no more helenius

Comment

The division has gone to sleep ,with fighters talking about maybe fighting in December and not taking any risks any sooner because as in Joshua's case , at nearly 34 he's got to improve and therefore prefers to wait ...this is ridiculous !
      Sayithowitisuk Bob likes this.

Comment

Can see Wilder Joshua actually being a quite boring fight

Joshua seems to have abandoned his aggressive mentality and I can see him making the fight but just looking to survive and then retiring

Comment

If Joshua is to go straight into the Wilder fight 'Then team Joshua need confirmation and a fight deal'.

I have said this before? Both Tyson Fury & Deontay Wilder once upon a time 'Fought each other to AVOID Anthony Joshua'.

Any honest man, who observes boxing 'On a level understands, that both Fury & Wilder were extremely apprehensive of Joshua before his first loss to Ruiz Junior'.

And I still believe both of these fighters, still have a level of fluctuating apprehension towards Joshua.

This is clearly obvious, it is not even about boxing entirely. Any man here with any sort of commonsense, and street sense 'You will know what I am talking about'.

Forget what the media narratives are, forget what all these hardcore Fury fans yabber on about on forums.

Tyson Fury attempted to take advantage of Joshua's perceived vulnerability, after losing to Usyk.

Since then? Fury has piped down about fighting Joshua, and he has backed out of a fight AGAIN with Usyk.

Anthony Joshua achieved his first win in over 2 years vs Franklin 'And he is now training consistently in Dereck James's stable'.

I am not so sure that ether Fury or Wilder are as enthusiastic in fighting Joshua, the more wins and momentum he builds 'Fury, Wilder, Usyk & Joshua are in a competition between themselves'.

Note: I think Joshua should just do his own thing, historically Joshua and his team have been fairly easy to do business with 'From what I can see'. If the fight between Wilder & Joshua is to be made, than a decision and deal should be made soon etc.

Comment

Joshua the better boxer than Wilder, although he's no Usyk. Wilder obviously the bigger puncher.

They all know what Wilder tries to do, land the big right hand. It's a matter of if the opponent evades that or not.

Fury got knocked down a few times, but got up each time, and didn't take too many of it.

But this would be a blockbuster heavyweight fight, for this era anyway, which isn't great for heavyweights compared to the era before Klitchko's.

That is not to undermine how good the brothers were for a long time, especially Vitali, but not a good era.

Fury though, for all his faults, I say he'd be very good in any era, although he wouldn't be the best in all era's.
            Last edited by Liondw; 05-25-2023, 09:49 AM.

Comment

I have said this before? Both Tyson Fury & Deontay Wilder once upon a time 'Fought each other to AVOID Anthony Joshua'.

Any honest man, who observes boxing 'On a level understands, that both Fury & Wilder were extremely apprehensive of Joshua before his first loss to Ruiz Junior'.

What world do you live in? Fanboy much?
              The time line & facts destroy your rhetoric.

An honest man would admit Aj went on tv in 18 told us he wouldn't fight Wilder yet & Eddie also on film told us Aj Wilder 2020 & that Wilder might loose by then.
              Yes in 19 Wilder turned down the dazn offer but that wasn't a direct fight with Aj.
              Lucky for Wilder he didn't because as we all know Aj lost & spent the next 6 months training for Ruiz 2.

Wilder & Fury have had the greatest trilogy since Bowe Holyfield in the 90s meanwhile who's Aj ever beaten? Take away all the shot past it 38-41 year olds & whos he beat?? Until Frank the last 2 he boxed of his own generation both beat him xD

Aj last year ducked the Fury fight blaming his sponsors, sending back an amended contract demanding A-side status plus commercial control.

Lastly Ajs recently said modern boxing (talking about himself) is about least risk for the most reward. This clown everyone you say is scared of hasn't ever taken a risk against the big 2 but sure there all running from him. The money man who had the finances to make these fight's but choose not to. He's only relevant through rematchroom clauses.

Last edited by Bob; 05-25-2023, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Joshua won't fight Wilder unless it's a cash out fight i would be shocked if Usyk fights him they know it's a high probability they get knocked out but Fury gets no credit for beating him its crazy lol Wilders resume does suck but he's still the hardest hitting heavyweight around who always lands in the end he put Fury down enough times but will Usyk/Joshua get up? i don't think so.

Comment

For me, they're all past their best and getting on in age even though heavyweights can go in onto latter stages of 30 etc. Wilder was never that good in his prime either but he has great athleticism and a jab/defence that is given less credit than it is due. He also packs obvious destructive punching power which means he is a live opponent in any fight. The Helenius fight didn't tell me much because I would always expect him to handle that opposition in the way that he has so it has hard to ascertain how much he has left in the tank too. The trilogy with Fury will have taken a lot away from him mentally and the last two bouts physically no doubt.

AJ is mentally past his best, but physically should be fine. He is the younger, fresher of the two and has hardly taken much punishment in his career unless you count rounds 3-7 against Ruiz and the latter stages of round 5 and 6 against Wlad. He also has far superior boxing skills to Wilder, co-ordination and also is a heavy hitter too albeit not as explosive when it comes to one punch power.

If it's such a foregone conclusion then why do people want to see it? A foregone conclusion isn't the best fighting the best. We need that at this stage in this division and if we're honest this potential match is far from a predictable result. You just have a large chunk of people that judge AJ differently to the other supposed top guys in the division whatever their reasons for that are.

Comment

Makes me laugh all this talk about Josh possibly losing? Wilder more likely to lose.

Comment

Working...
                    X