Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Seems Strange To Have All American Officials For Fight Between American & Ukrainian

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: Seems Strange To Have All American Officials For Fight Between American & Ukrainian

LAS VEGAS - Bob Arum doesn't understand why the Nevada State Athletic Commission appointed three American judges and an American referee to work a lightweight title fight between an American champion and a Ukrainian challenger on Saturday night.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Mr. Arum, you know exactly what you are doing. You have your fights all figured out way in advance for future plans.

I feel like this guy is taking us for fools.
    Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

And there goes Arum complaining about the judges. He wanted Loma to win. We all know.

Comment

He needs to stop promoting as too old to understand he is the promoter. He could have requested at least one neutral judge it is his show.
        Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
          And there goes Arum complaining about the judges. He wanted Loma to win. We all know.
          Why would he? he resigned Haney a couple days before the fight. Not only that, he sees better fights for a young undefeated fighter like Haney than an aging, small former champion who is on the tail end of his career.

Comment

Moretti's card was atrocious but even if you change that score, Haney still wins based on the other two scores. I had it 115-113 for Loma but we're getting overly fixated on one score like if it would change the outcome. If nothing happened when Pac got robbed against Bradley (and Pac was a star) nothing will happen on this one. Looking forward to Teo-Taylor

Comment

It seems the judges always lean to a boxer who is younger because they hold more promise for more future bouts. I've seen this many times. Loma, being the clear winner, means nothing to the heads of boxing. Haney was gifted here.

Comment

Originally posted by BZBEE View Post

Why would he? he resigned Haney a couple days before the fight. Not only that, he sees better fights for a young undefeated fighter like Haney than an aging, small former champion who is on the tail end of his career.
                You're really asking this? He's biased as **** towards Loma. He treats him better than the majority of his stable. His anyone been handed as many title shots as Loma? For some reason Arum hates Haney and thinks Lomachencko is the next Mayweather. Also I haven't seen any credible source saying Haney re-signed with Arum.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post

You're really asking this? He's biased as **** towards Loma. He treats him better than the majority of his stable. His anyone been handed as many title shots as Loma? For some reason Arum hates Haney and thinks Lomachencko is the next Mayweather. Also I haven't seen any credible source saying Haney re-signed with Arum.
                  How can Loma be the next mayweather if loma is already 35 and close to retiring?
                  Haney on the other hand is beginning his championship years.

If Arum was biased towards loma, Loma would be undefeated. Arum sees more profit in the younger guys so he isn't afraid to use loma just as he was trying to use Pacquiao to feed him to his younger fighters.

All Arum cares about is profit, all he sees is green.

Comment

Originally posted by macmike100 View Post
                    It seems the judges always lean to a boxer who is younger because they hold more promise for more future bouts. I've seen this many times. Loma, being the clear winner, means nothing to the heads of boxing. Haney was gifted here.
                    Exactly, Arum knows what he is doing. He is putting his company and profit above everything and everybody.

Maybe he has a sense of endearment towards Lomachenko for his loyalty but it ends there.

Comment

Working...
                    X