Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fenech Upset, Feels Moloney Fight Should Have Been Stopped Earlier

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fenech Upset, Feels Moloney Fight Should Have Been Stopped Earlier

Australian boxing legend Jeff Fenech believes Andrew Moloney should not have been allowed to come out for the twelfth and final round of his fight with unbeaten Japanese puncher Junto Nakatani.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That was a brutal knock out. I hope Moloney recovers fully, with no lasting damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
      That was a brutal knock out. I hope Moloney recovers fully, with no lasting damage.
      That was the type of KO that you can probably say his career is either over or close to be over
      diplo diplo likes this.

Comment

Fenech Upset, well tell him stop watching boxing and go sit his old aSs down, the kid was still coming forward and trying we can't start stopping fights as soon as a person gets dropped or hurt. I pray he recovers fully but this is a hurt game sport and anything can happen.

Last edited by hitmanjosh; 05-22-2023, 07:17 PM.
        Corelone Corelone likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post
          Fenech Upset, well tell him stop watching boxing and go it his old aSs down, the kid was still coming forward and trying we can't start stopping fights as soon as a person gets dropped or hurt. I pray he recovers fully but this is a hurt game sport and anything can happen.

His corner probably should have saved him before the 12th. They showed heart instead of brains allowing Moloney to talk them out of it.

Comment

To be fair...Fenech is keeping it 100. I have seen him pull fighters out before...and it actually made me annoyed...but hes being himself here so props to that.

Comment

It is a once in a lifetime chance. Its not like Maloney is getting slapped around by nobodies for big money. The damage is done by accumulation as well as severity.

Comment

fenech is right.​

his point is, there was no way that moloney was going to win that fight in the 12th.

they took an unnecessary risk, and now moloney will prob never be the same.
                TheOneAboveAll TheOneAboveAll likes this.

Comment

100% right! Fight should have been stopped after 2nd knockdown. Horrible, not to say criminal decision on the part of his corner.

Comment

Fenech is right. Moloney had no prayer of winning and he'd been down twice already. That KO was frightful.
                    Last edited by BlackRobb; 05-22-2023, 11:52 PM.
                    TheOneAboveAll TheOneAboveAll likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X