Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oscar Valdez: We Want The Emanuel Navarrete Fight, Let's Make it Happen!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Oscar Valdez: We Want The Emanuel Navarrete Fight, Let's Make it Happen!

MGM Grand, Las Vegas - After more than one year of inactivity, Oscar Valdez made a successful ring return with a 10-round unanimous decision win in a rematch against Adam Lopez.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I hope I'm wrong, but in the post-fight interview after the Adam Lopez fight Oscar Valdez sounded quite punch-drunk to me.

If that's the case, Navarrete might ruin him for good.

Comment

Oscar looked terrible against a relative journeyman. He’s lucky it wasn’t Navarrete in there or he would’ve been stopped for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        Oscar looked terrible against a relative journeyman. He’s lucky it wasn’t Navarrete in there or he would’ve been stopped for the first time.
        Indeed. he took a lot of shots. And, while we're at it, how ridiculous Andre Ward sounded, trying to sell Valdez's performance as a great one.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post

Indeed. he took a lot of shots. And, while we're at it, how ridiculous Andre Ward sounded, trying to sell Valdez's performance as a great one.
          Yeah, he was blocking punches with his face and just winging wild hooks. I guess that’s the way he’s always fought but he looked even more awful this go around. Kinda lowered the stock on Shakurs victory over him. Lol yeah Ward is all around terrible now.
          Last edited by _original_; 05-22-2023, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Absolute Mexican War on sight!

Comment

Valdez seemed a lot better under Robles...

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                Valdez had been out for 13 months. No one is out that long and looks good unless their opponent is about as perfect as it can get for a gimme to disguise how bad their game is. He'll be much better next time out now he's shaken the cobwebs.

Comment

Working...
                X