Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Whyte: Joshua is Afraid To Take Rematch, Won't Risk His Retirement Payday With Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Whyte: Joshua is Afraid To Take Rematch, Won't Risk His Retirement Payday With Wilder

Heavyweight contender Dillian Whyte is applying pressure on Anthony Joshua to come to the table to discuss their rematch. Back in 2015, Joshua secured a knockout win over Whyte in the seventh round of their grudge match.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Whyte is right but in my opinion is finished as a fighter having never won a round against Fury and then being KO'd and struggling to win against a hand picked Franklin , who on the strength of the effort against shot Whyte got to fight Joshua as a risk free , which also backfired! At least Whyte wants these fights , which is more than can be said of Joshua who many think of Whyte being his best win , although some think 41 year old Wladamir Klitschko. I doubt they will risk Joshua who will go in to retirement very rich having never beaten anyone . I prefer fighters like Whyte any Fury who put it on the line when the odds are stacked against , whereas the odds have always been in Joshua's favour .....he's not for me!

Comment

Two boxers at the end of their respective careers
      rudy rudy likes this.

Comment

Two shot fighters always make a great fight Whyte will miss out on a big payday that’s why he wants the fight. Joshua needs another fighter before fighting Wilder. You cannot go into a fight with a puncher when your gunshy

Comment

Even this version of AJ would beat him again, and probably worse than last time. Who the **** wants to see that fight anyway? plenty of better options for Joshua and Whyte can just go ****ing retire or something.

Comment

I thought whyte was shot after only arguably beating jermaine. But Germaine is quite good going by his fight with josh, so I give whyte benefit of doubt.
            I wonder who's jermaines money on?

Comment

Hahaha why is Wardley managed by Whyte of all people?

Yea, Joshua still KOs Whyte in about 2-3 rounds. Whyte has no defence or jaw to speak about.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
                Whyte is right but in my opinion is finished as a fighter having never won a round against Fury and then being KO'd and struggling to win against a hand picked Franklin , who on the strength of the effort against shot Whyte got to fight Joshua as a risk free , which also backfired! At least Whyte wants these fights , which is more than can be said of Joshua who many think of Whyte being his best win , although some think 41 year old Wladamir Klitschko. I doubt they will risk Joshua who will go in to retirement very rich having never beaten anyone . I prefer fighters like Whyte any Fury who put it on the line when the odds are stacked against , whereas the odds have always been in Joshua's favour .....he's not for me!
                The comment about Joshua never beating anyone or not wanting marquee fights is something I strongly disagree with. I just don't believe those comments are reflective of Joshua's career.

Joshua unified the division; that's an indication of him wanting big fight's. Now you could critic the competition but other heavyweights did not take the risk in unifying the division.

Furthermore, Joshua has beaten plenty of credible names from Povetkin, Parker, Pulev, Whyte, Ruiz, and Wladimir.

To clarify my position, I do not think Joshua is an all time great heavyweight but he's not a bad or average heavyweight either; he's a great heavyweight in this era.

Comment

Originally posted by unknowledgeablepugilist View Post

The comment about Joshua never beating anyone or not wanting marquee fights is something I strongly disagree with. I just don't believe those comments are reflective of Joshua's career.

Joshua unified the division; that's an indication of him wanting big fight's. Now you could critic the competition but other heavyweights did not take the risk in unifying the division.

Furthermore, Joshua has beaten plenty of credible names from Povetkin, Parker, Pulev, Whyte, Ruiz, and Wladimir.

To clarify my position, I do not think Joshua is an all time great heavyweight but he's not a bad or average heavyweight either; he's a great heavyweight in this era.
                  Josh can still be the best of thisc era. But he'd need fury to beat usyk, and the n Josh can try beat fury and wilder, that's the route
                  Boxviewer Boxviewer likes this.

Comment

That's a bold talk from a guy who was KO'd by an old Povetkin.
                    shwaap shwaap Boxviewer Boxviewer like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X