Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chantelle Cameron vs. Katie Taylor - CompuBox Punch Stats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chantelle Cameron vs. Katie Taylor - CompuBox Punch Stats

Chantelle Cameron fought aggressively, refusing to be deterred when Katie Taylor caught her coming in. Though Taylor landed 46% of her power punches, Cameron landed more power punches than Taylor in 6 of the 10 rounds, and landed 24 more power punches than Taylor over the course of the fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Cameron pretty much controlled the fight from start to finish, out punching, and out boxing Taylor for the majority of the fight.

Comment

It was a good scrap, wish they had 3 minutes instead of just two! That is what’s called good judging; at Taylor’s country too.

Comment

Off subject: Great win in Italy for Thomas Essomba in picking up the EBU bantamweight title. Why no report?

Comment

They seemes quite evenly matched in terms of boxing ability, but Chantelle was taller, larger (her legs noticably thicker and her arms and shoulders larger, it was almost unbelievable they were fighting at the same weight class), younger, and physicality she was clearly a lot stronger. I just cannot see Katie ever being able to beat her, so a rematch would be a terrible idea as it would negatively impact her legacy somewhat. Maybe she would be better rematching Amanda Serrano and coming out and admitting that great fight as it was, Chantelle was just a bridge too far in terms of size and that she is just too strong for her, and that she would return to her own weight class for Serrano. For the record, I believe that Katie could possibly beat any other of the 140ibs fighters, if at this stage she could live with Jessica McCaskill's heat, but If she goes in with Chantelle again, she could get badly exposed and loose even more convincingy, due to her combination of boxing IQ and physicality.
          BlackRobb BlackRobb likes this.

Comment

That fight wasn't even close. 8-2 Cameron. She stops Katie in the rematch. Taylor has heart for moving up to 140.

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha_Stroud View Post
              They seemes quite evenly matched in terms of boxing ability, but Chantelle was taller, larger (her legs noticably thicker and her arms and shoulders larger, it was almost unbelievable they were fighting at the same weight class), younger, and physicality she was clearly a lot stronger. I just cannot see Katie ever being able to beat her, so a rematch would be a terrible idea as it would negatively impact her legacy somewhat. Maybe she would be better rematching Amanda Serrano and coming out and admitting that great fight as it was, Chantelle was just a bridge too far in terms of size and that she is just too strong for her, and that she would return to her own weight class for Serrano. For the record, I believe that Katie could possibly beat any other of the 140ibs fighters, if at this stage she could live with Jessica McCaskill's heat, but If she goes in with Chantelle again, she could get badly exposed and loose even more convincingy, due to her combination of boxing IQ and physicality.
              Katie has heart just for moving up to 140 and fighting a machine like Cameron. She got wiped out 8-2 on my card, but I give Taylor massive respect for daring to be great. Cameron beat the undisputed welterweight champ in her previous fight.

Comment

Working...
              X