Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Benavidez Promoter Confirms Meeting With Reynoso, Plans To Pursue Canelo Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Benavidez Promoter Confirms Meeting With Reynoso, Plans To Pursue Canelo Fight

The first significant step has been taken to secure a well-earned and life-changing opportunity for David Benavidez. Sampson Lewkowicz, Benavidez's promoter, confirmed that he intends to push for a title consolidation clash with undisputed super middleweight champion Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez. Such a fight has been long desired by the unbeaten former two-time WBC titlist, who currently holds an interim version of the belt and whose team is keen to set forth the process to bring the division's two best fighters in the ring.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    FaustoGeraci FaustoGeraci likes this.

Why was decubas there?

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler69 View Post
      Why was decubas there?
      He is Al Haymon's guy for these types of meetings I heard.

Comment

This is the biggest fight in boxing! Forget the Bivol rematch let him fight Beterbiev we need this fight!

Comment

Great fight, hope Canelo says yes to keep continuing the streak of big fights happening in 2023.

being that said, I think David's work rate is going to be very difficult to handle, might not have Bivol's footwork but he sure does pack a wallop in comparison.

Comment

I predict a rehydration clause for Benavidez forthcoming…
            Teetotaler69 Teetotaler69 likes this.

Comment

Saul Alvarez has one more fight under Matchroom, regardless of his Bivol fight or not.

I can't imagine MR/DAZN not being involved & unlike the Plant fight where they had the final title & MR has no working contract with Alvarez...PBC/Showtime/DeCubas/Samson has no leverage as far as broadcasting .

I expect MR to bid aggressively...as they should.

Comment

I said that. Bivol fight won't happen and Bumavidez will win the lottery.

There will be good beating on Bumavidez. He can count his cash at hospital.

Comment

Originally posted by Daznsucks View Post
                  I predict a rehydration clause for Benavidez forthcoming…
                  I’m sure the floyd boys wouldn’t mind it if Canelo demanded a 166 catchweight and a rehydration clause. They’d give Canelo full credit for the win too as they are an honorable bunch.

Jokes aside. This is the fight to make next.

Comment

Until they cross the ropes, I’m staying pessimistic on this actually happening.

Comment

Working...
                    X