Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce on Zhang Rematch: Hopefully We Can Rectify [Mistakes]; Come Back Bigger and Stronger

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce on Zhang Rematch: Hopefully We Can Rectify [Mistakes]; Come Back Bigger and Stronger

Nothing problematic immediately came to the mind of Joe Joyce with regards to his last training camp. The British heavyweight contender is looking to rectify the results of his last outing, a surprising sixth-round stoppage to Chinese southpaw Zhilei Zhang last month at Copper Box Arena in London.
    [Click Here To Read More]

he's getting put down this time around.

Comment

These prefight rematch clauses are to the detriment of the sport, it stops the natural progression of fighter's & stall's career's & the division. Zhang should be fighting Fury in China in front of 20 bazillion screaming asians.
      Joyce has definitely got to fight heavier in tank mode like the Parker fight but nobody wants to see this, & i like Joe, i don't want to knock him.

Comment

Mike Tyson wouldnt be Mike Tyson without that head movement.
        If you wont change, expect the same result.

landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Zhang gonna close that other eye for you.
          wrecksracer wrecksracer likes this.

Comment

I believe that was the difference.

He came in weighing nearly 20 lbs lighter (256) than he had in his previous fight with Joseph Parker at (271). If he comes in weighing at least in the 270s. I do think that it would help improve his overall performance.

I am not saying he will win the fight but coming in a lot bigger and stronger than he had done in the previous fight; It would greatly improve his chances of winning the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
              These prefight rematch clauses are to the detriment of the sport, it stops the natural progression of fighter's & stall's career's & the division. Zhang should be fighting Fury in China in front of 20 bazillion screaming asians.
              Joyce has definitely got to fight heavier in tank mode like the Parker fight but nobody wants to see this, & i like Joe, i don't want to knock him.
              Usually I would agree but here Joyce took this risky fight and gave Zhang a big opportunity when he could have taken a safer fight while waiting for his title shot.

He deserves that rematch and it's only fair that Zhang returns the favor.
              landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

I think if you ask Zhang, Zhang will feel Joyce has even less chance in 2nd fight than 1st fight. Zhang only thought he could beat Joyce before, now Zhang knows he can. Joyce thought hed beat Zhang 1st fight, now hopes he can.
                greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Sorry to say, but the fight was so one sided, no rematch needed. It could only happen because of these rematch clauses.

Zhang would beat him again, comfortably. I'd rather Zhang have his big opportunity with Tyson Fury, even though I don't think that's a very good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post

Usually I would agree but here Joyce took this risky fight and gave Zhang a big opportunity when he could have taken a safer fight while waiting for his title shot.

He deserves that rematch and it's only fair that Zhang returns the favor.
                    Yes, there was nothing stopping Fury from facing ether Joyce or Zhang before 'They made their fight'.

Tyson Fury was apparently certain he was going to fight on April 29th regardless of the opponent.

Today's date is May 17th and Fury's next opponent is still unknown.

Fury's hardcore fans here and there, try to create narratives 'Be aware of their tactics'.

'Oh if this did not happen, if that did not happen. Our man Tyson Fury would be fighting all of these guys' Why are they saying these sort of things in this thread? These are all the tactics Fury's hardcore fans use to create narratives and ultimately protect Fury.

Tyson Fury is the WBC Heavyweight Champion, if he wanted to 1000% fight all of these guys 'He has the negotiating power to make these fights happen' etc.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 05-17-2023, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X