Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daniel Dubois Now Working With Don Charles, Splits With Shane McGuigan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daniel Dubois Now Working With Don Charles, Splits With Shane McGuigan

Heavyweight contender Daniel Dubois has split with trainer Shane McGuigan and is now working with Don Charles. Dubois is currently the WBA "regular" champion and seemingly set to fight Oleksandr Usyk for the full title this summer.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Shane McGuigan is a joke for a trainer. How could any fighter be so stupid to have this clown as a trainer?
    jkrames jkrames likes this.

Comment

Good move but, save that Usyk fight $ and don't become another Choisira. Usyk then a farewell fight and help your sister. She has what it takes to cause upsets.

Comment

That's gonna be a high purse for both if it goes to bid. 3 of the 4 belts at stake in the UK or Poland. Expect several promoters to bid.

Comment

Just don't turn into a human punching bag like Chisora.

Comment

I rate Don Charles very highly, but? I must admit, that Mcguigan seemed to be doing some really good work with Dubois.

I actually still rate boxing coaches such as Adam Booth & Don Charles higher than Mcguigan 'Especially for a Heavyweight fighter'.

So if Dubois was going to switch things up, Don Charles is a really good move etc.

Comment

From one lame British prick trainer to another. All they can do is make another British fighter who is strong, tough, no defense, and takes tons of punishment

Comment

Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
                From one lame British prick trainer to another. All they can do is make another British fighter who is strong, tough, no defense, and takes tons of punishment
                That's the second time in a matter of days with the "British prick" talk. You're really going to have to get over your inferiority complex and delusion were we're concerned.

You should look into how many of your fighters take punishment and lose. Then look at the circumstances around the fight ie, were they inactive or not. Were they drained. Did they have a full camp.

Comment

I doubt if Usyk fights Dubois who is a C level heavyweight at best. If the fight does happen, it will be another sparring session for Usyk. That’s how bad Dubois is.

Expect Warren to win a he purse bid if the fight happens because Usyk has no backing and his handlers (Alex n Egis) are complete idiots who embarrassed themselves by agreeing to a 70/30 cut to fight Fury, when Usyk has 3 of the 4 belts and when Fury desperately wants those 3 belts. A manager/ promoter who knows the business would settle for nothing less that 60/40 and would have told Fury to Fu*k off on a 50/50 split if Usyk beat Fury and there was a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Phase III View Post
                    I doubt if Usyk fights Dubois who is a C level heavyweight at best. If the fight does happen, it will be another sparring session for Usyk. That’s how bad Dubois is.

Expect Warren to win a he purse bid if the fight happens because Usyk has no backing and his handlers (Alex n Egis) are complete idiots who embarrassed themselves by agreeing to a 70/30 cut to fight Fury, when Usyk has 3 of the 4 belts and when Fury desperately wants those 3 belts. A manager/ promoter who knows the business would settle for nothing less that 60/40 and would have told Fury to Fu*k off on a 50/50 split if Usyk beat Fury and there was a rematch.
                    You are 50% right and 50% wrong 'Regarding your opinion on Usyk's team'.

It most likely was a bad business move for Usyk to accept 70/30, but at the same time? It was a great sociopolitical move, which has enhanced Usyk's perception 'Among boxing fans, casual sports fans and the public. And this matters'.

Fury is the Heavyweight Divisions heel, maybe Fury likes this position and I actually suspect he has deliberately turned himself into a heel.

By doing this Fury vs Usyk, as a fight and a event has much more depth and meaning beyond Undisputed titles.

But you are also right in the sense that, Fury knows that he can effectively push Usyk's team about.

The only way Usyk can counter act these games of Fury 'Is to be involved in big fights outside of Fury & Joshua'.

Because this is where Fury is getting his sense of superiority from when dealing with Usyk.

Usyk can make big fights outside of Joshua and Fury. Dubois vs Usyk is easily a stadium fight within the UK 'And it is also a big event in Poland or as a home coming fight'.

I think it is in Usyk's best interests to do his own thing as a Champion etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X