No announcement yet.

Jermain Taylor: "The Pressure is on Abraham, Not Me"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jermain Taylor: "The Pressure is on Abraham, Not Me"

HOUSTON - Sometimes a fighter can find himself up against the ropes. That's the feeling most people in the boxing community have about Jermain Taylor. He’s fighting an undefeated former champ in his hometown and he is the underdog. The pressure is on, but nothing could be further from Taylor’s mind as he prepares to face Arthur Abraham on October 17th, at the o2 World arena in Berlin, Germany. [details]

War Taylor!

Comment

Nervous about this one.

Respect to Taylor for taking on a hard puncher after just getting KO'd. Taylor needs to improve his stamina.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
        Nervous about this one.

Respect to Taylor for taking on a hard puncher after just getting KO'd. Taylor needs to improve his stamina.
        Say what you want about Jermain, but NOBODY can say he cherry picks. Dude has fought nothing but current or former champs for the past almost 5 years. He always dangerous!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          HOUSTON - Sometimes a fighter can find himself up against the ropes. That's the feeling most people in the boxing community have about Jermain Taylor. He’s fighting an undefeated former champ in his hometown and he is the underdog. The pressure is on, but nothing could be further from Taylor’s mind as he prepares to face Arthur Abraham on October 17th, at the o2 World arena in Berlin, Germany. [details]
          Since this fight is in Germany what time is it comin' on in the states? Is it going to be like that Kessler fight was and be shown at a later time?

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyMay1 View Post
            Say what you want about Jermain, but NOBODY can say he cherry picks. Dude has fought nothing but current or former champs for the past almost 5 years. He always dangerous!
            You are correct.

I just have a bad feeling about this fight. He should have beaten Froch and knocked out badly.

He already got KO'd badly by Pavlik.

A third brutal KO in two years and he might never be the same.

Comment

damn he sounds like roy jones before the calzaghe fight....

Comment

Way more pressure on Taylor than AA. Taylor comin off a KO loss, his 3rd loss in 4 fights. AA can afford to get beat, Taylor can't.

Comment

AA isn't going to pressure Taylor, so I think he may be able to save some energy for the later rounds. If he has the stamina, and can avoid getting knocked out in the later rounds, I'm certain he can outbox AA to a UD. Whether he's awarded the decision or not is the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    You are correct.

I just have a bad feeling about this fight. He should have beaten Froch and knocked out badly.

He already got KO'd badly by Pavlik.

A third brutal KO in two years and he might never be the same.
                    Now way should Froch have won that fight. Froch COULD NOT defend himself if his life depended on it!

Comment

Working...
                    X