Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Diego Corrales vs. Jose Luis Castillo War Turns 18 - Reflecting Back on a Classic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Diego Corrales vs. Jose Luis Castillo War Turns 18 - Reflecting Back on a Classic

I usually don't need any reminders when May 7 rolls around. Even 18 years later, the epic first bout between Diego Corrales and Jose Luis Castillo remains at the top of my list as the greatest fight I've ever seen.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Greatest round in boxing history for me. Thanks Thomas.

Comment

That was probably the best fight I've watched.

Rest in Peace " Chico ".

Hope Showtime runs the fight tonight.

Comment

Both fights were great

Comment

I knew when I heard they were fighting it was gonna be an amazing fight. It was beyond that. I remember it being on regular Showtime also. These days you gotta pay 80$ for some lame ass fight the two guys don’t even look like they been in a fight after. Those two guys were built different no doubt. Castillo gave Mayweather all he could handle most thought he won their first fight. I didn’t know Corrales had all those issues going into his bout with Mayweather.
          Last edited by Rigpig; 05-11-2023, 10:35 AM.
          El_Mero El_Mero real raw real raw like this.

Comment

2 authentic warriors of the sport ,legendary stuff.
            El_Mero El_Mero real raw real raw like this.

Comment

For me the best fight over ever seen it had it all high skill inside fighting, heart, will, power. Should have had more recognition going in had Castillo not been robbed in that Floyd fight. Respect to both legends. RIP Chico!
              Last edited by Regge; 05-11-2023, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Best fight I have seen.Watched it live this was back when HD was starting to get popular and I had one of those rear projection big screen tvs w/ the wheels on it..

Comment

Orgasmic fight for dogfight merchant jerks.

That ain't boxing. That's straight CTE.

Comment

Castillo-Mayweather wasn't even close.

And Corrales-Castillo 1 was probably the reason everything went downhill for Chico since then. You don't block flush shots with your face.

Comment

Working...
                    X