Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch: I Think Canelo is Past His Best, Bivol Will Win The Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Froch: I Think Canelo is Past His Best, Bivol Will Win The Rematch

Former super middleweight world champion Carl Froch believes Mexican superstar Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez is now beyond his best days. Canelo, the undisputed champion at 168-pounds, returned to the ring last Saturday night and won a twelve round unanimous decision over mandatory challenger John Ryder.
    [Click Here To Read More]

everyone telling canelo hes past his best & looking into a fight noone thinks he can win, happy days
    Shadoww702 Shadoww702 likes this.

Comment

He has a ton of miles on him and I think unless he starts eating the Mexican meat again, he is going to have tougher fights unless he starts fighting more guys like Ryder and Fielding. He needs to stay away from Bivol and Beneviedezz. I think Beneviedez KOs him.

Comment

Canelo`s career goes like this:

When he had tough fights with Lara, Mayweather, 35-36 old GGG, he was "before his best".

He was "at his best" when he fought all bums at 168.

And when Bivol toyed with him, he was "past his prime".

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
          Canelo`s career goes like this:

When he had tough fights with Lara, Mayweather, 35-36 old GGG, he was "before his best".

He was "at his best" when he fought all bums at 168.

And when Bivol toyed with him, he was "past his prime".
          Don't forget, he's a natural JMW, who couldn't even make the weight anymore without cancelling VADA. He only fought at 160 and above because he was seeking out the challenge. Not because, you know, he was an actual MW-SMW.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post

Don't forget, he's a natural JMW, who couldn't even make the weight anymore without cancelling VADA. He only fought at 160 and above because he was seeking out the challenge. Not because, you know, he was an actual MW-SMW.
            Bullshxt, Cinnabon couldn't make 160 if he stayed in the sauna for a year. He's a naturally thicker body type of guy, even in his teenage pictures. He's short, not slim.
            Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post

Oh, I just got the sarcasm. My bad.

Comment

Canelo will take it even worse in the rematch. IF it even happens.
                Hitmon Hitmon likes this.

Comment

Not exactly a hot take is it. I think Bivols speed and range would have always given Canelo problems though.
                  Hitmon Hitmon Rebelrbg Rebelrbg like this.

Comment

Canelo is fighting at 168 and 175 when he best weight is at 154-160. With the extra pounds off of his frame his conditioning will improve. All of this nonsense about Canelo not being able to make 160 anymore is just nonsense. Bad off season eating and weight gain is Canelo's problem. Canelo just expects at this point in his career that he can beat up people's arms in fights, then after about 8-9 rounds knock them out once they can no longer lift their arms to defend themselves. Canelo's power hasn't carried over in these higher divisions like he thought. Now guys can stand in front of him and fight him because they can take his shots. If Canelo doesn't learn to move more, throw more punches and box more like he used to then he will lose to Bivol again.

In Canelo's earlier fights he was more active, mobile and threw more punches, now he likes to sit in the pocket more and trade with guys. This is a recipe for disaster when he fights mobile boxers like Bivol.
                    Bro. Steve Bro. Steve likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X