Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jason Moloney: Maybe Astrolabio's People See Me As Easier Option; They Made Big Mistake

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jason Moloney: Maybe Astrolabio's People See Me As Easier Option; They Made Big Mistake

By Jake Donovan - Jason Moloney reached a point where he knew the WBO title was in his future even though he had a clear shot at another belt. The only part that caught him slightly off guard, was the fact that Vincent Astrolabio and his team made a similar choice when it appeared they had a more direct title path. Moloney and Astrolabio will meet for the vacant WBO bantamweight title this weekend at Stockton Arena in Stockton, California
    [Click Here To Read More]

easy work for Astro Love You
    Les go! and the NEW!

Comment

AstroBoy KOs Jason...

Comment

Moloney is no bag of baloney i know that, has he got what it takes to get a win on this card sure he does he can go rounds he can punch just nt as hard as i would like for him to hit still this has the makings of a decent fight. I got no reason to not take Maloney in this fight sure why not. Experinece, rounds a shot that dont come around very often all work in his favor.

Comment

Why so little coverage on this fight? Should be a good one.

Astrolabio has developed well, but can be out-boxed.

Comment

Originally posted by 57Blues View Post
            Moloney is no bag of baloney i know that, has he got what it takes to get a win on this card sure he does he can go rounds he can punch just nt as hard as i would like for him to hit still this has the makings of a decent fight. I got no reason to not take Maloney in this fight sure why not. Experinece, rounds a shot that dont come around very often all work in his favor.
            Agreed. Slight edge to Moloney in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by trippleupper View Post

Agreed. Slight edge to Moloney in this one.
              Yea i do believe that Maloney has developed from his looses, he may never reach the levels of some other guys but he tends to learn from his defeats and has yet to give weak preformances in the ring. And this opponent should cause him to do some things he is good at. Move around a bit, don't take too many of those shoots but still take chances yea could be nice all around for both fighters. Plus i am starving for some rounds some knock downs some controversy in the ring.....little blood never hurts either.

Comment

It looks like Gibbons is gradually inching his way to exploring fights outside of the PBC house where his fighters have been fighting in. I won't be surprised if he accepts a non-PBC card like ESPN/TR's, for example, for Isaac Cruz, who's been inactive for eight months now. Stevenson might get his wish of "kicking Pitbull's ass," as he puts it.

Comment

You don't have to wonder, Moloney, why Astrolabio picked you. Gibbons' fighter was offered more money than PBC for Rodriguez's IBF shot. It's unusual for PBC fighters to go for WBO titles. So what would be the reason? More money was offered.

Comment

Originally posted by fumiphobic View Post
                    You don't have to wonder, Moloney, why Astrolabio picked you. Gibbons' fighter was offered more money than PBC for Rodriguez's IBF shot. It's unusual for PBC fighters to go for WBO titles. So what would be the reason? More money was offered.
                    You may be right. WBO is known for serving Arum/TR's interests. So for constant PBC fixtures like VIVA Gibbon's fighters, it's highly unusual to pick the WBO route. Ennis completely disregarded his 2nd ranking spot for the WBO and just opted to wait for Spence to vacate his IBF title.
                    Last edited by tomhawq; 05-13-2023, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X