Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Butler On Lack Of Movement At 160: I Don't Understand Why Anyone Would Box Just To Protect Their Record

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Butler On Lack Of Movement At 160: I Don't Understand Why Anyone Would Box Just To Protect Their Record

There was never any hesitation on the part of Steven Butler once he was offered to challenge for the WBO middleweight title. He didn't care that he had to face the division's perceived boogeyman, Kazakhstan's Janibek Alimkhanuly who has
    [Click Here To Read More]

* wouldn't

Comment

I'll tell you why, it's because fighters can make a decent living nowadays cruising along not taking any serious threats and then you have social media where groupies build up the fighter calling him the best in the division and that everyone is ducking him (cough, cough, Charlo, Andrade) when in all reality they have no intention in risking anything unless they are paid a massive amount of money they don't deserve. I would add Munguia to this as well but the difference is no one including himself is calling him the " best " in the division....
      Since1976 Deleted likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
        I'll tell you why, it's because fighters can make a decent living nowadays cruising along not taking any serious threats and then you have social media where groupies build up the fighter calling him the best in the division and that everyone is ducking him (cough, cough, Charlo, Andrade) when in all reality they have no intention in risking anything unless they are paid a massive amount of money they don't deserve. I would add Munguia to this as well but the difference is no one including himself is calling him the " best " in the division....
        100% correct! Plus the business model is and has always been a joke. Boxers turned the table on the promoters since few could earn a living but, the vast majority will still end up broke with medical bills and the body of a 65 year old by the time they're 40. Lots of sports seeing this shift that could lead to reform but, boxing is one of the last hotbeds of unbridled curruption so, it won't change in my lifetime.

Comment

Butler On Lack Of Movement At 160: I Don't Understand Why Anyone Would Box Just To Protect Their Record”

you just described 98% of boxing in today’s generation!!

Comment

147 and 160, two historically glamour divisions are dead divisions right now. Heavyweight is almost dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
              I'll tell you why, it's because fighters can make a decent living nowadays cruising along not taking any serious threats and then you have social media where groupies build up the fighter calling him the best in the division and that everyone is ducking him (cough, cough... Crawford) when in all reality they have no intention in risking anything unless they are paid a massive amount of money they don't deserve. I would add Munguia to this as well but the difference is no one including himself is calling him the " best " in the division....
              Fixed. And I agree.

Comment

Working...
              X