No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Brings a Show Home: Weekend Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo Brings a Show Home: Weekend Afterthoughts

It had it all. A hot crowd...epic ring entrance...solid action...and the hometown hero left with his hand raised. But enough about Bad Bunny's big night at WWE Backlash. In front of a massive crowd at Estadio Akron, world super middleweight champion Saul Alvarez picked up his second win since a loss at light heavyweight to Dmitrii Bivol. It was
    [Click Here To Read More]

A part of it could be the added pressure of fighting in front of the home fans and trying to give them what they wanted - a stoppage.

Comment

Just hurry up and fight Benavidez or Morrell before the excuses start to pile up, the same way they do for Loma, even though Cinnabon is only 32. Hell, most of these boxers have been fighting since they were kids with no mentions of it. He fought a lot of those fights when he was a teenager in Mexico against competition that wasn't even close to what those guys were facing in the amateurs. Just shut up the talk and fight the guys who have BEEN in position as your mandatory before Ryder....but John immediately received the fight the second he got into position.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post
        Just hurry up and fight Benavidez or Morrell before the excuses start to pile up, the same way they do for Loma, even though Cinnabon is only 32. Hell, most of these boxers have been fighting since they were kids with no mentions of it. He fought a lot of those fights when he was a teenager in Mexico against competition that wasn't even close to what those guys were facing in the amateurs. Just shut up the talk and fight the guys who have BEEN in position as your mandatory before Ryder....but John immediately received the fight the second he got into position.
        It's disgusting what they let this guy do without getting stripped.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post
          He’ll fight Bivol. Then, win or lose, he’ll fight Benavidez next year.

Meanwhile whoever your favorite fighter is will still not have taken any tough fights in that time.
          Shadoww702 Shadoww702 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Meanwhile whoever your favorite fighter is will still not have taken any tough fights in that time.
            And how would you know that? Seems that you would say anything to defend Cinnabon. He's not in the driver's seat to demand the Bivol fight on his terms, he was the clear loser of the first. Also, its clear that he doesn't want to fight Benavidez for the same reason that he doesn't want to fight Bivol at 168, he's doesn't want to fight anyone at 168 that could possibly beat him for the titles.
            Toprope Toprope likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by tkoboxingscene View Post

It's disgusting what they let this guy do without getting stripped.
              Hey dummy, how is he going to get stripped when he just fought his mandatory? I know it’s cute and all that you’re new to boxing (welcome btw) but stripped for fighting his mandatory?

Comment

Don't mind me, I'm just here to read all the hate on Canelo. Look I'm on the same boat as pretty much everyone else where I think Canelo should fight Benavides but at this point I have no problem him trying to avenge his loss to Bivol, will I pay for it, not likely, but that's because there styles don't mesh and it's going to be a long 12 rounds. People bring up Morel, Morel has done absolutely nothing besides beating some over matched opponents and people get all excited, but that's how it usually goes for fighters who are knocking out less quality opponents left and right early in their career only to lose once they step up, Morel no doubt has potential but let's see him against stout competition before we are putting him up there. What really cracks me up is all these Hood Rats be critical of Canelo opponents but don't make make a peep about Crawford's long career of sub-par opponents, or Charlo, or Andrade, Stevenson, Haney, ect ect, it's almost as they are either Jealous, or just plain racist.....
                Shadoww702 Shadoww702 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Maybe in the meantime we get Morell jr vs benavidez
                  sinca Veneno likes this.

Comment

Yes, Canelo took a lot of shots. And I'm not really sure he took them because he was dismissive of the opponent.

Imagine if he takes more from Bivol or, worse yet, Benavidez.

To my eyes, Canelo's deterioration is happening rather quickly.

Comment

Working...
                    X