Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryder: First Time I Broke My Nose, Couldn't Breathe, Blood Was Going Down My Throat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ryder: First Time I Broke My Nose, Couldn't Breathe, Blood Was Going Down My Throat

John Ryder respects Canelo Alvarez and the life-changing chance he was afforded Saturday night in Zapopan, Mexico. After sharing the ring with Alvarez for 12 rounds, though, Ryder is certain that boxing's former pound-for-pound king is past his prime. Alvarez remains boxing's undisputed super middleweight champion and has lost only once in the past 9 1/2 years, but he'll turn 33 in July and has 63 professional fights on his record in a career that was launched when he was just 15 years old.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Before the fight. I'm gonna win. After the fight. Excuses.

Comment

And to think, a washed up, past his prime Canelo was the one to break your nose for the first time.....

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
        Before the fight. I'm gonna win. After the fight. Excuses.
        First, of course he is going to say he intends to win the fight before the fight. What other attitude would you want him to have?

Second, I don't know what you read, but Ryder's words seemed to me to give full credit to Canelo with no excuses in that article. Hence, his words about Canelo setting traps and how he (Ryder) came up short in the end.

If you get your nose broken in a fight and then after, when asked about it, say you got your nose broken in the fight, that's not an excuse. That's talking about what happened in the fight.
        greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Seeing him get knocked down I figured that happened. I recognized that slight hesitation before the down and knew it had to be a broken nose or something.

Comment

Working...
          X