Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez Returns Home To Showcase Star Power at Akron Stadium

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez Returns Home To Showcase Star Power at Akron Stadium

By Thomas Gerbasi - It's not the kind of fight that will elevate Saul "Canelo" Alvarez' standing at the top of the sport, but as he approaches his 63rd walk to the ring, nearly 50,000 people at Akron Stadium will provide the aesthetics that few could claim these days. Tyson Fury? Yes. Anthony Joshua? Possibly still. Gervonta Davis? He's getting there, especially after a star-making turn against Ryan Garcia a couple weeks back.
    [Click Here To Read More]

the fight itself sucks...but I do look forward to seeing the Atmosphere in Mexico it is going to be Electric I'm sure

Comment

Maybe it's just me but I would not be excited about this card if it was free, let alone PPV. Canelo vs Benavidez or Morell and this would garner my interest. Hell, even against Mbilli due to his style I'd be excited about that. The undercard is just plain bland.
      El_Mero El_Mero AASGAA57! Chavmex40 like this.

Comment

Nelo should have a showcase fight in Mexico against "drained" Bivol @ 168
        El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
          Maybe it's just me but I would not be excited about this card if it was free, let alone PPV. Canelo vs Benavidez or Morell and this would garner my interest. Hell, even against Mbilli due to his style I'd be excited about that. The undercard is just plain bland.
          This is a pay per view event ? REally ? Who says so, what is a PPV Event anymore, whatever they think they can get for a fight and then count the numbers and not concern yourself with how you are keeping boxing away from the average fan much less the possible new fan that might gravitate to the fight game. Even a fight like this they put on PPV come on man. And they wonder why fight fans become so negative and nasty after a while. I used to blame the promoters and platforms but now everyone is to take credit for the decline in boxing being even accessable much less bringing new fans into the game. Guys that pretend not to take a q from the promoters and money flow in boxing writing what the promo guys want them to write. Never looking at the big picture of boxing as a possible sport as it used to be. Even the fighters are a big part of the shame anymore those who enter the ring are in on the big hype now too.............
          El_Mero El_Mero PRchamp PRchamp like this.

Comment

It reminds me of the Mayweather vs Berto PPV ridiculous PPV fights.
            El_Mero El_Mero eco1 eco1 like this.

Comment

Free of controversy. Yeah ok. Lost every round to Bivol and almost got a fkn draw.

Comment

After just dropping $95 plus tax a few weeks ago and now this? The entire card suks

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
                  Free of controversy. Yeah ok. Lost every round to Bivol and almost got a fkn draw.
                  You wierdos are pathetic as **** ya stay changing the narrative lol only for canelo.

"Every rd"my ass when Bivol spent the first 3-4 rds covering the **** up against the ropes doing ****. Lol

Ya some goofy wierdo mfers act like possessed ex girlfriends when it comes to canelo.

Comment

Return of the real king of boxing not some manufactured BS like two weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                    X