Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Artur Beterbiev-Callum Smith: Top Rank Wins WBC Purse Bid, Offers More Than Matchroom

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Artur Beterbiev-Callum Smith: Top Rank Wins WBC Purse Bid, Offers More Than Matchroom

Unbeaten light heavyweight champion Artur Beterbiev's co-promoter won the right Tuesday afternoon to promote his WBC-mandated title defense against Callum Smith.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Kind of sneaky how Arum was able to bid just slightly over Eddie's bid.

Comment

Wow, TR finally won one!

Comment

There has to be a mole in the camp at Matchroom. To lose by 15k is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Wow, TR finally won one!
          They outbid matchroom, not exactly the most reputable outfit
          Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

RJJ-94-02=GOAT Normal service has resumed after the rare win on Paro-Barboza I wonder who Bob's informant is to bid $15k more

Comment

Another sad, pointless one-sided mauling. Meanwhile, no mention of the Bivol fight. Boxing is so sad.
              landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                Wow, TR finally won one!
                Bob wins the ones he wants to win. He doesn't bid on fights he considers money losers. $2.3M for this fight isn't bad.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantAJ View Post
                  RJJ-94-02=GOAT Normal service has resumed after the rare win on Paro-Barboza I wonder who Bob's informant is to bid $15k more
                  Very disappointing they haven’t brought this fight to the UK tbh. I saw it coming though. I don’t think they wanted to win this bid tbh.

Definitely suspiciously close, wouldn’t surprise me if the promoters conversed and came to a verbal agreement.

Matchroom have never really got behind Callum since he rejected the DeGale fight to enter the WBSS on ITV. You had a guy that won a tournament on terrestrial TV that featured big names like Groves and Eubank and all you’ve done is use him as filler on PPV undercards and fed him to Canelo when he wasn’t fully prepared.

I’m admittedly a little bias when it comes to Smith but I felt they could’ve done a lot more with him following that Groves win.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post

Bob wins the ones he wants to win. He doesn't bid on fights he considers money losers. $2.3M for this fight isn't bad.
                    Yeah good deal IMO. I was expecting the bids to be higher.

Comment

Working...
                    X