Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Davis-Garcia Rematch, If They Do It Down The Line, Could Do 4 Million Homes Easy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Davis-Garcia Rematch, If They Do It Down The Line, Could Do 4 Million Homes Easy

Oscar De La Hoya realizes that a rematch between Gervonta Davis and Ryan Garcia won't happen anytime soon. If Davis and Garcia eventually fight again, however, Garcia's promoter predicted that their rematch would do much bigger business on pay-per-view than their successful first fight. "The Golden Boy," who prognosticated that their April
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don’t think it has the same saleability now, we all saw Tank was a level above so there’s far less intrigue about how a rematch plays out.

Comment

Oscar on drugs again

Comment

Ryan Garcia was the seller of that fight it did elevate tank n who normally sells 200k I think tank will avg 500k now on big fights like Loma but will they allow tank to fight Loma n such hell nah everyone seen Garcia is super green has speed and a hook but doesn't control distance have a decent jab ect Ryan needs 4 fights a trainer, motivation n to age out Regis before even attempt to step up at 140 for a belt.

Comment

Garcia let his emotions screw up the biggest fight of his career. That along with the mental health stuff doesn't bode well for a long career. Garcia has natural gifts, but in some ways, he appears to apprach boxing like it is a movie or a video game. Instead of focusing on the fundamentals and a good gameplan, he wants to get in there and act like it's Punch Out.

He has gotten away with it because he has natural ability, but he won't beat any top guys unless he gets serious mentally. I kind of seeing him gettin stopped a few more times and retiring early.
          siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Comment

Oscar is always a good measuring stick for the quality of coca, Columbia is back baby. It will be interesting to see if either ever hit a million ppv buys again ever. Ryan needs to have a relevant win to keep interest. Same with Tank you can only beat so many Linares, Barrios, and instagram models before people will start to wanna see you face the best. Haney and Shakur are on another level, Tank needs to fight them. Or go the celebrity boxing route as his mentor did.
            eco1 eco1 siablo14 siablo14 like this.

Comment

These guys are never going to fight again. Stop it. Ryan can be a star going forward, but he needs to accept the process of things, because he’s not as good or as smart as he thinks he is.
              siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Comment

It's at least one year "down the line," and that's ONLY IF, Ryan Garcia establishes himself as 140 Champion! He can't just beat Rolly Romero! He has to take out Progais, Taylor, Matias, or Teofimo!
                Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  It's at least one year "down the line," and that's ONLY IF, Ryan Garcia establishes himself as 140 Champion! He can't just beat Rolly Romero! He has to take out Progais, Taylor, Matias, or Teofimo!
                  The only 1 he might be able to beat is Teofimo but Teofimo most likely loses to Taylor so that fight will lose marketablity before it even gets there.

I have a feeling Ryan will face Jose Zepeda next. If Jose isnt completely shot, I have Zepeda by stoppage.

Comment

pigs will fly

Comment

Working...
                    X