Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins Does Not Believe Weight Clauses Played Role in Ryan Garcia Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hopkins Does Not Believe Weight Clauses Played Role in Ryan Garcia Loss

Former two-division world champion Bernard Hopkins does not believe the rehydration clause affected Ryan Garcia in last month's fight with Gervonta 'Tank' Davis.
    [Click Here To Read More]

In b4 NSB says Hopkins is lying
    Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post
      In b4 NSB says Hopkins is lying
      He is saying it from the right place and he gives reasons that he seen, these people in here say he was drained because there were weight clauses like that means automatic draining, it doesn't you got to look at all the physical things that prove or disprove it from weighin to the fight, and there was nothing that looked like symptoms of a draining, nothing at all, I defy anybody to name precisely where Ryan showed he was drained, none of them can because symptoms are not there.

Comment

Thanks, BHops for telling the truth. There was nothing physically wrong with Garcia’s conditioning.

He just lost to the better fighter that’s all. So everyone just needs to stop it with the excuses.

Ryan wasn’t weight drained. He lost the fight fair and square and because he decided to throw in the towel.

Comment

There was nothing wrong with Cryan Quitcia's rib until he got hit.

Comment

"I thought [physically] Ryan looked great, his skin still had moisture on it when I watched him"

Did the moisture disappear when he didn't watch him?

Comment

Sometimes that "feeling weak" feeling is just pre-fight nerves/anxiety.
              uniquehump uniquehump likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                Thanks, BHops for telling the truth. There was nothing physically wrong with Garcia’s conditioning.

He just lost to the better fighter that’s all. So everyone just needs to stop it with the excuses.

Ryan wasn’t weight drained. He lost the fight fair and square and because he decided to throw in the towel.
                Save it - all Ryan's fans have gone back to Instagram now, they were just here for the week, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post

But Ryan is the one with the biggest list of excuses

Comment

Reviewing some of the fight afterwards, yeah... I don't think a 100% Ryan would have even won. He's just not technically there yet. He's too open and it just took a better opponent to capitalize on that. He also doesn't do much to setup a power punch. Literally hunting for the left hook most of the fight thinking he could end it with 1 shot.

Perhaps seeing his prior fights gave me a false representation of where his level truly was at. Fortuna was older, Campbell gave a good account of himself, but he was never a brutal puncher to threaten Ryan much. The common foe of Fonseca was misleading. I'm not sure how it took Tank so long to get him out of there and Ryan only 1, but you could say, Ryan did land the perfect shot at the right moment. Had he not, perhaps it would of gone longer.

Comment

Working...
                    X