Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oscar De La Hoya: Ryan Garcia Will Continue To Get Better, Learn From Mistakes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Oscar De La Hoya: Ryan Garcia Will Continue To Get Better, Learn From Mistakes

Oscar De La Hoya has a unique understanding of what it's like to suffer your first defeat in a mega-fight. From what Ryan Garcia's promoter has seen, he is convinced that the 24-year-old fighter has the right mental makeup to get back in the gym as soon as possible and start correcting the mistakes that cost him against Gervonta Davis. De La Hoya praised Garcia's performance versus Davis and expressed optimism regarding Garcia's future in the 140-pound division during a recent interview posted to FightHype's YouTube channel.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Canelo learned from his 1st loss to Mayweather, but I don't think Ryan is cut from the same cloth? Canelo came back 6 months later, and beat Angulo by TKO! Will Ryan comeback and take a challenge like that? I think he should come back and fight a guy like Montana Love, Richardson Hitchins, or Jeremias Ponce! However, Jose Ramirez, Teofimo Lopez, or Devin Haney would be good choices too, and BIG MONEY events! He just better stay away from the BIG hitters like Prograis, Matias, and Gary Antuanne Russell!
    Last edited by Bronx2245; 04-30-2023, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Cryan Quitcia needs to leave Golden boy affective immediately
      AeroED AeroED likes this.

Comment

The advice is incorrect actually. Ryan must not fight like he did against Tank, or he'll get ko'd by any decent fighter.

That is the advice he should take, whether he stays with Golden Boy or not.

Comment

Oscar De La Hoya: Ryan Garcia Will Continue To Get Better, Learn From Mistakes

​This is true.
          Talk about who, what and when were the details about the death threat you, but not Bernard Hopkins received.
          And what have you learned about throwing your fighter under the bus, right after he has taken his first loss?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            Canelo learned from his 1st loss to Mayweather, but I don't think Ryan is cut from the same cloth? Canelo came back 6 months later, and beat Angulo by TKO! Will Ryan comeback and take a challenge like that? I think he should come back and fight a guy like Montana Love, Richardson Hitchins, or Jeremias Ponce! However, Jose Ramirez, Teofimo Lopez, or Devin Haney would be good choices too, and BIG MONEY events! He just better stay away from the BIG hitters like Prograis, Matias, and Gary Antuanne Russell!
            Nope! No. Naw!
            I can't let you rewrite history,
            Angulo was coming off an all-time war with Lara.
            And he had been beat to a pulp by Kirkland a few years prior.
            Canelo fought the ghost of a tough fighter when he faced Angulo.
            And I think Ryan would do good facing a similar specter.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              Hitchins and Ponce are both high risk and low reward. Ramirez doesnt look willing to fight anyone that challenges him.
              Teofimo could be next if Teo loses but its unlikely Teo takes a challenge after a loss , Ryan wont fight haney at 135 and Haney wont move up until he faces Shakur

Comment

Originally posted by Poeticman7 View Post

Nope! No. Naw!
                I can't let you rewrite history,
                Angulo was coming off an all-time war with Lara.
                And he had been beat to a pulp by Kirkland a few years prior.
                Canelo fought the ghost of a tough fighter when he faced Angulo.
                And I think Ryan would do good facing a similar specter.
                Angulo was a TOUGH fighter! True, he was coming off a war with Lara, but that was 9 months before he fought Canelo! Jeremias Ponce is coming off a a TKO loss too, but I would love to see Ryan fight him! Same with Montana Love!

Comment

You’re supposed to test yourself then make changes based on what you learn.

That’s the core of boxing.

Ryan can come back and people will still want to see him again.

Comment

He can improve,but you have to get in the ring to do that. Garcia is a decent fighter,but too inactive to become a champion. I really do not think he has the mettle to challenge himself to be great in the sport of boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X