Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Calvin Ford: They Never Talk About Tank's Defense; It Was Unreal Against Ryan Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Calvin Ford: They Never Talk About Tank's Defense; It Was Unreal Against Ryan Garcia

There was one aspect of Gervonta Davis' impressive performance against Ryan Garcia that Davis' trainer thinks has been underappreciated. Calvin Ford feels Davis' defense was instrumental in neutralizing Garcia on Saturday night at T-Mobile Arena in Las
    [Click Here To Read More]

His best defense is his team or him choosing to fight nobodies.
    bigsmoothh bigsmoothh likes this.

Comment

True.

Garcia has to go to the gym and practice the things he is not good at

Comment

Correct, Garcia's left hook was nullifed, not a factor.

Also, although Ryan has quick handspeed, he can be predictable. That's when the opponent actually anticipates what you're going to do, which is what Tank did.

And then you don't look like you're that blisteringly fast against an opponent, as when just hitting the pads. Not hard to look good hitting pads.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
          Correct, Garcia's left hook was nullifed, not a factor.

Also, although Ryan has quick handspeed, he can be predictable. That's when the opponent actually anticipates what you're going to do, which is what Tank did.

And then you don't look like you're that blisteringly fast against an opponent, as when just hitting the pads. Not hard to look good hitting pads.
          The bigger issue (and I blame NSB for this) :

Tank told the dude to his face, with Joe Goosen sitting right there: "all you got is a hook. No fundamentals, no head movement, no defense!"

And nobody listened. Goosen certainly didn't, because they apparently didn't work on it. Unless they tried and Ryan refused to change.

Comment

I commented in the forum b4 the fight and i said Ryan's so called amazing left hook won't mean anything to Tank because it won't land. And I also said Ryan will be shocked at how hard it is to hit Tank.with a clean shot, even in close with short punches. Tank has wonderful reflexes, speed, defense and a helluva boxing brain that can process information and make adjustments instantly, and that's something that Ryan can't compete with, no matter how hard he trains

Comment

Nobody talks about how overrated Ryan Garcia is, hes all left hook and thats it. Any top level fighter in that weight class would beat him, Davis, Haney, Shakur, Loma , none of these guys would have a problem with him. After rewatching the he fight it was clear its not a win that shows me Davis can beat Shakur thats for sure.
              bigsmoothh bigsmoothh likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post

The bigger issue (and I blame NSB for this) :

Tank told the dude to his face, with Joe Goosen sitting right there: "all you got is a hook. No fundamentals, no head movement, no defense!"

And nobody listened. Goosen certainly didn't, because they apparently didn't work on it. Unless they tried and Ryan refused to change.
                From the comments it seemed like Goosen was enamoured with Ryan's handspeed, thinking that's all he would need to beat Tank. As a veteran trainer, he should've known he would need more than a left hook and hand speed to beat Tank. I'm not sure what you mean by NSB though. I know it means new school boxing but I never knew what that was referring to, the fans or modern boxing training methods.

Comment

it helps when the opponent you are facing tells you exactly what shot he is looking for all throughout the build up...
                  Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post

From the comments it seemed like Goosen was enamoured with Ryan's handspeed, thinking that's all he would need to beat Tank. As a veteran trainer, he should've known he would need more than a left hook and hand speed to beat Tank. I'm not sure what you mean by NSB though. I know it means new school boxing but I never knew what that was referring to, the fans or modern boxing training methods.
                    NSB is the very forum you're on - Non-Stop Boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X