Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya on Tank-Garcia PPV Number: Give Fans What They Want To See - They Will Tune In!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya on Tank-Garcia PPV Number: Give Fans What They Want To See - They Will Tune In!

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Oscar De La Hoya, who promotes Ryan Garcia, was not surprised with the recent news that last Saturday's mega-bout, between Garcia and lightweight rival Gervonta 'Tank' Davis, generated a pay-per-view buyrate number of 1.2 million.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Thanks for getting it done Oscar. I mean I didn't buy it but still got it done lol

Comment

To echo RJJ-94-02=GOAT - kudos to everyone involved in putting this together.

Comment

Spence consistently doing around 2-300k and Crawford consistently doing 1-200k, while Tank and Ryan combined for 1.2mil is pretty great overall.

Shows that people are tired of paying for BS. As customers we gotta start talking w our money and not buying PPV of subpar / showcase, tertiary fights. If it’s not going to be 2 of the 3 biggest names facing off, at least give us a real grudge match or something. Hopefully the days of weak PPVs are over, and those level fights can go back to regular Showtime , DAZN, ESPN, etc.
        boxingfan91 boxingfan91 likes this.

Comment

Great number. Hopefully all the other stars follow suit and give us the big fights we want. Marinating is fine but you can't overly marinate a fight. Spence/Crawford, ya'll up next.

Comment

I like this old business model of cross promotion. That's what made boxing so popular back in the 1980s and 1990s. It is also what helped drive up the pay per view buys and live gate ticket sales.

Hopefully Golden Boy and the PBC could do more future cards together in the future. They should try to revisit doing the Jermall Charlo vs Jaime Munguia fight. That fight would be huge also.
            KING S.O.G KING S.O.G likes this.

Comment

If Spence and Crawford aren’t boxing each other, I refuse to purchase a Spence vs anyone else, or a Crawford vs anyone else PPV out of principle.

Comment

They made good money, the fighters, promoters, trainers and managers. In that sense, they all won.

If Ryan leaves Golden Boy, then they've already got their share of the profits from a big fight with him involved.

Comment

Idk, the fight stunk. If I had paid for it I would have been mad. Casuals are pretty dumb though so they may tune in for more. No doubt this turned some people off. I never seen either guy as much more than hype so it wasn't a fight I personally was begging for. It was in demand and accomplished it's mission. Oscar got to say he made a fight happen despite the sad demands to do so. Porky did brighten his star power and lame ass Ryan made good money despite being exposed as a true one trick pony.

Comment

I paid, but honestly, the prices that they're at these days is nuts. The last rip off I was part of was Pac-Fraud. Granted each one has been split amongst the count that shows up, but still, paying 85 bucks for an unknown result feels like a gamble itself. If the undercard sucks and the main event fails to live up to the hype, it legit feels like someone just grabbed the money out of my wallet and ran.

I think this might be the last time I pay for a ppv. I mean, the next one would have to be massive. Honestly, if Crawford-Spence got made now, I wouldn't pay for it. I wanted to see that 4 years ago or so. It's long overdue now and I already would have excuses as to who ends up winning and why the other lost.

Comment

Working...
                    X