Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Documentary - S.O.G.: The Book of Ward - Premiere Set For June 2 on Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Documentary - S.O.G.: The Book of Ward - Premiere Set For June 2 on Showtime

Showtime Sports Documentary Films, in association with UNINTERRUPTED, announced today that S.O.G.: The Book of Ward, an intimate portrayal of the improbable rise of boxing great Andre Ward will premiere Friday, June 2 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on Showtime and on Showtime streaming and on demand platforms that same day.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    KING S.O.G KING S.O.G likes this.

This'll be nuts. Looking forward to it. Nash out

Comment

To me, Ward is like Mikey Garcia. Yes, they were champions but neither of them will cross my mind when talking about great, daring, fearless fighters that left a memorable legacy behind them.

Comment

the book of ward lol
        Hype job Hype job likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by alexnation View Post
          To me, Ward is like Mikey Garcia. Yes, they were champions but neither of them will cross my mind when talking about great, daring, fearless fighters that left a memorable legacy behind them.
          Yeah they were scared that's why Mikey jumped up from 126 to fight the biggest 147 lber there is and that's why Ward jumped up to 175 after humiliating Carl Froch at 168. With that being said even though I thought he lost the first Kovalev fight he got in there and fought, he left no doubt in the rematch either.

Lol it's funny you say they won't cross your mind yet you mentioned both of them as examples lmao. Obviously they are in your mind somewhat, but it's ok you won't cross anyone's mind when talking about boxing.

Comment

When I think of absolute world class, I think of Joe Calzaghe
            MONGOOSE66 MONGOOSE66 likes this.

Comment

He literally dared to be in the most risky tournament in his weight division that had the best opposition available at the time which included Abraham, Kessler and Froch. Dominated the tournament, then moved up a division to face a version of Kovalev that was ranked #2 p4p at the time in back to back fights. What other risks should he have taken that were available back then?

Comment

I mean, good for the young brother that he was able to do well in boxing and get out before he got hurt. But, I can't help but think that he could have done more. Andre did what he had to do to make some good money, make somewhat of a mark in the sport and then he got the fuck outta Dodge. And that's great....for him. For the sport, not so much.
                Last edited by SUBZER0ED; 04-21-2023, 11:42 AM.
                Knuckle sandwich Knuckle sandwich likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Knuckle sandwich View Post
                  When I think of absolute world class, I think of Joe Calzaghe
                  Calzaghe is behind the likes of Barrera, Marquez in ATG lists.. never mind guys like Bhop & Roy Jones. His resumè is super weak
                  Kannabis Kid Kannabis Kid likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post

I mean, good for the young brother that he was able to do well in boxing and get out before he got hurt. But, I can't help but think that he could have done more. Andre did what he had to do to make some good money, make somewhat of a mark in the sport and then he got the fuck outta Dodge. And that's great....for him. For the sport, not so much.
                    Knee injury bro..

Comment

Working...
                    X