Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Zhang Co-Manager: I Think We'll See The Joyce Rematch; Doesn't Have To Happen Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Zhang Co-Manager: I Think We'll See The Joyce Rematch; Doesn't Have To Happen Next

Zhilei Zhang will continue to fight under Frank Warren's Queensberry Promotions for the foreseeable future, even if a rematch with Joe Joyce is not necessarily next.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Zhang pieced up Joyce. No reason for a rematch, let Zhang move on to other things.

Of course there's an image, name, and hype behind Joyce. There's been talks of him vs Usyk, Fury, Wilder...... But Zhang ruined that.

A rematch just means they're hoping Joyce wins so they can make the money fight with him and who I mentioned above.

I'm sick of rematches when someone is convincingly defeated.
    Raimondo Raimondo likes this.

Comment

This has elevated Zhang to a new level , this is what sometimes happens when you take a risk and choose to take on the top names , instead of waiting around for huge paydays or 'easier' fights ...well done Zhang !

Comment

Joyce is probably going to run it back, after an interim confidence building bout in between for both. Then Zhang will take extreme pleasure in proving that the first time wasn't a fluke.

Comment

Only reason a fight with Fury doesn't happen next is if greedybelly doesn't want it.

Comment

Originally posted by nghtmr111 View Post
            Zhang pieced up Joyce. No reason for a rematch, let Zhang move on to other things.

Of course there's an image, name, and hype behind Joyce. There's been talks of him vs Usyk, Fury, Wilder...... But Zhang ruined that.

A rematch just means they're hoping Joyce wins so they can make the money fight with him and who I mentioned above.

I'm sick of rematches when someone is convincingly defeated.
            Yup. JJ's resume was nicely built up as a top contender but I think Zhang was underestimated skill-wise and the cherrypick gone wrong. They probably thought Joyce would run through Zhang but it all went opposite.
            nghtmr111 nghtmr111 likes this.

Comment

The big names dont fight each other enough for there to be automatic rematches. Sure rematch Joyce oneday, but need to think of next big fight. If it dont involve Joyce then so be it.

Comment

The bubble has burst on Joyce. We may have been seeing the effect of his age, his lack of defense aside. And how much did this bludgeoning take out of him?

Comment

Working...
                X