Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Says Rival Promoters Willing To Pay Canelo More Than Top Rank, Rules Out Signing Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum Says Rival Promoters Willing To Pay Canelo More Than Top Rank, Rules Out Signing Golovkin

Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum has one of boxing's best stables featuring top stars like Shakur Stevenson, Teofimo Lopez Jr., and Vasiliy Lomachenko and prospects like Jared Anderson, Keyshawn Davis, and Xander Zayas. Like any promoter, the 91-year-old Arum is always ready to align himself with a big breadwinner. Breaking the bank to do so at the cost of his existing roster, however, appears to be a non-starter.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Bob knows his schitt between that Harvard Law Degree and the 500 years of promoting his brand. No that isn’t a typo!

Comment

Old Bob figures he's going to out live everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Murray Kelm View Post
        We're gonna die way before 91 buddy

Comment

Makes sense. You got idiots like haymon and especially Hearn to overpay canelo

Comment

Originally posted by Murray Kelm View Post
            He's done a good job proving that already lol

Comment

Arum is no fool. He’s not giving someone a guarantee of between 30-40 mil for them to not even come close to 1 mil US Ppv buys. There’s a reason why dazn has lost significant money over the past several years while top rank has been relevant since the Ali era.

Comment

Amazes me how 91yo Bob still talks about potential signings, business plans ,network metrics, boxer valuations, still making plans and sht Lol, quite admirable his passion for boxing business

Comment

Bob makes a lotta sense when he remembers to take his meds.
                  Hustle Hustle likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post

We're gonna die way before 91 buddy
                    Yes we are. I'm getting up there and I am feverishly spending a lot of my money now on things I want to do before I go. That old philosophy of save all your money until you retire at 70 years old and then live your best life IS DEAD. Fuq that! My father was a perfectly healthy man all his life and then when he was 68 he went in for a routine physical and was told he had stage four cancer and had six weeks to live. He made it all the way until two weeks before he turned 70. He told me to enjoy life while I can, and I am. I'm sorry to tell you guys but unless you're rich and have a personal chef we're not going to see anywhere near 91. All the fast food, smoking and liquor we have been doing is going to catch up pretty soon so go enjoy life now. Man I miss my dad!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X