Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rodriguez-Lopez: TGB Promotions ($25,000) Secures Vacant IBF Bantamweight Title Fight As Lone Bidder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rodriguez-Lopez: TGB Promotions ($25,000) Secures Vacant IBF Bantamweight Title Fight As Lone Bidder

TGB Promotions has secured the rights to the Emmanuel Rodriguez-Melvin Lopez vacant IBF bantamweight title fight. The California-based outfit submitted $25,000, the minimum acceptable amount, as the lone bidder during Tuesday's hearing conducted via Zoom from IBF headquarters in Springfield, New Jersey. Neither a firm date nor location were established at the time of the purse bid, though BoxingScene.com has confirmed that the bout is due to land on a Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) show between late spring and early summer.
    [Click Here To Read More]

War Rodriguez!

Comment

U shouldn’t even be able to stage a championship fight for that low aSs amount, people invest their lives into a craft such as this and for an amount you can make in a few months on any dammmm job. BS!
      El_Feroz99 El_Feroz99 likes this.

Comment

That's insulting. This is a championship fight and Rodriguez is a grossly underrated fighter. He beat: Paul Butler, Moloney, lost to Inoue but beat Russell and I thought he clearly beat Gaballo

Comment

**** and they have to split it too.

Comment

25k? ...thats messed up. They should raise that minimum bid.
            Hitmon Hitmon likes this.

Comment

It's hard to imagine making this for a championship fight. I have never been able to figure out the lack of interest in the lower weights. These little dudes are super fun to watch, I find way less stinker fights than you get as pounds are added.

The only good thing about it is...by way of little cash interest they end up actually fighting each other in top 10 clashes and uni's with more regularity than the more popular divisions.

Sucks it can't be both ways in today's boxing world
              Hitmon Hitmon likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by juanpablo View Post
                That's insulting. This is a championship fight and Rodriguez is a grossly underrated fighter. He beat: Paul Butler, Moloney, lost to Inoue but beat Russell and I thought he clearly beat Gaballo
                Fact's! That's a disgracefully low amount of money for two of their caliber to be fighting for, especially since it's for a championship. Even 25,000.00 a piece would be to low for these to top rated fighter's to be earning to face each other. Win, lose, or draw, these fighter's need to have a quick return to the ring in order to secure another payday before the end of the year. I'm hoping that they put a such an exciting fight when they finally do face each other in the ring. That the fans will be clamoring to see them again soon, and in their next fight get paid what they're really worth.
                Hitmon Hitmon juanpablo juanpablo like this.

Comment

I get it, there no interest in the lower weights and to gripe about it is hypocritical. It’s no different than the WNBA. They complain incessantly about how much underpaid they are compared to their male counterparts. The problem is NOONE watches them! No one cares about the WNBA and the market demands what is paid. I happen to love the lower weights but also know there is little to no interest. The big media conglomerate, along with crook promoters have ruined boxing and this is the result.

Welcome to the slow burn demise of boxing.
                  Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Shame PBC didn't pick this up after Rodriguez whipped Gary Russell #4

Comment

Working...
                    X