Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jamel Herring Siding With Shakur Stevenson In Possible Devin Haney Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jamel Herring Siding With Shakur Stevenson In Possible Devin Haney Showdown

After reluctantly giving up his WBO and WBC super featherweight titles due to his failure to make weight, Shakur Stevenson officially made the move to the lightweight division. In his first official bout above the 130-pound limit, Stevenson (20-0, 10 KOs) proved that he belonged by stomping
    [Click Here To Read More]

Too early to make a prediction. Must see how Haney looks at 135 vs. Lomachenko. I honestly feel like Haney should move to 140, win, lose, or draw. Just look at what happened to Teofimo Lopez vs. Kambo! Look at MIchel Rivera vs. Martin! Look at Vergil Ortiz Jr.! Weight cutting is a dangerous game, probably more dangerous than the fight itself!

Comment

the generational talent kiss of death label

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        Too early to make a prediction. Must see how Haney looks at 135 vs. Lomachenko. I honestly feel like Haney should move to 140, win, lose, or draw. Just look at what happened to Teofimo Lopez vs. Kambo! Look at MIchel Rivera vs. Martin! Look at Vergil Ortiz Jr.! Weight cutting is a dangerous game, probably more dangerous than the fight itself!
        I agree, as a fan I would love to see this fight but not at the expense of damaging a talent like Haney. Weight cutting is dangerous and we have seem way too many examples of that
        1Eriugenus 1Eriugenus likes this.

Comment

Hell, I would side with the man who retired my a(sS) too!

Comment

Shakur likely will beat all the lightweights--Tank, Haney & the rest. Mayweather vs Shakur at 130 would be big. Will one of these fighters catch Shakur with a damaging blow and finish him? It is doubtful.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              Haney looked like death slightly warmed up at the second Kambosas weigh in. I know he appeared to rehydrate and perform adequately but Kambosas isn't at the level of Stevenson and you can only do that depletion so many times before it catches up with you. Looking at the size and age of both Haney and Stevenson , I think it's likely that both will actually be their peak at 140 anyway!
              1Eriugenus 1Eriugenus likes this.

Comment

Youngsta speaking on it.

Comment

Agree that Haney would be a great fight IF he can make 135 healthily but I doubt he can. Shakur v Tank looks like the biggest fight out there. TBH, I'm getting so disillusioned with boxing these days. Biggest & best fights don't get made. We, in the UK, have had 4 Prime Ministers since they started talking about making Spence v Crawford. Its beyond a joke!

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post
                    Hell, I would side with the man who retired my a(sS) too!
                    Ain’t nobody retire me, chief. My body had taken a toll. Try again.

Comment

Working...
                    X