Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Falcao, Gualtieri Granted Seven-Day Extension To Reach Deal For Vacant IBF Middleweight Title Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Falcao, Gualtieri Granted Seven-Day Extension To Reach Deal For Vacant IBF Middleweight Title Fight

An extension has been granted in the ongoing process to fill the IBF middleweight title vacancy. BoxingScene.com has learned that the IBF has approved a request from both parties involved in the ordered Esquiva Falcao-Vincent Gualtieri title fight to continue talks for another week. The two sides were given a 30-day negotiation window from March 15 to reach terms, though both believe an additional seven days will help find enough common ground to produce a deal.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I loved the "GGGave up the title comment"
    best laugh I've had all week!

Comment

Lol the middleweight division
      landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

What a pathetic excuse for a "title" fight.

Comment

One of these guys has fought once since 2021, and the other is basically an unproven German club fighter. Wasn't the 160 division like loaded a few years ago? Isn't it a historically important division? It is very deflating to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
            One of these guys has fought once since 2021, and the other is basically an unproven German club fighter. Wasn't the 160 division like loaded a few years ago? Isn't it a historically important division? It is very deflating to think about.
            This is what the orgs do now though. They put two nobodys in for a vacant title for one reason; to allow the guy they want to have the title face this winner. You watch! There’ll be a mandatory a couple months after this fight and it will be someone they want to have the title knowing the person they want will destroy the winner of this one. It’s a sham, corrupt, and a set up.

Comment

The IBF and Top Rank are straight TRASH

Comment

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9528igi6mo8ps4rz7b8s4604zrukctvzbctgcr91l0e&rid=200w.gif&ct=g.gif
                Getting the popcorn ready for this FOTY candidate

Comment

I mean GGG vacated the belt and somebody has to win it. It's how boxing works just because they are unknown and unproven doesn't mean they are terrible fighters, obviously they had to win regional titles to even be considered for the opportunity. Might not be the fight that anyone wants but at least it gets the division moving along. People will complain about this but say nothing when Charlo hasn't fought a live body in half a decade lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
                    I mean GGG vacated the belt and somebody has to win it. It's how boxing works just because they are unknown and unproven doesn't mean they are terrible fighters, obviously they had to win regional titles to even be considered for the opportunity. Might not be the fight that anyone wants but at least it gets the division moving along. People will complain about this but say nothing when Charlo hasn't fought a live body in half a decade lol.
                    You need to follow boxing more closely to identify the setup and the corruption. See my comment above. It explains it clearly. They’ve been doing this schtick for quite sometime now.

Comment

Working...
                    X