Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yoshino Disagrees With Stoppage, Downplays Shakur's Power: "I Didn't Feel The Power That Much"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Yoshino Disagrees With Stoppage, Downplays Shakur's Power: "I Didn't Feel The Power That Much"

Shuichiro Yoshino wasn't short on confidence heading into his showdown against Shakur Stevenson. Although the former Olympic silver medalist has shown incredible skills throughout his career, the Japanese native was convinced that once he landed flush, that'll be all she wrote. But while the 31-year-old believed that he held a significant power advantage, it was Stevenson who sat him on the seat of his pants.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by Yoshino
    I didn't feel the power that much.
    That's why you got knocked down twice.

Comment

I thought the stoppage was premature but he did knocked down twice and was getting hammered.
      mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Stoppage was bad, especially after seeing the ref smiling ear to ear while lifting Shakur's hand in victory. But Yoshino was going to lose by decision anyway so the end result would have still been the same.

It's no secret Shakur is feather fisted but speed and timing can make up for a lack of power which was the case in this fight. Hopefully next opponent is bit more athletic and fundamental sound to see where he stands at Lightweight.

Comment

Originally posted by War Room View Post

Lol that doesn't mean he's a power puncher just means he's sharp and caught him with some good shots. His legs were never unstable and Shakur is not a puncher everyone knows this.

blackbakers blackbakers likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by War Room View Post

He took a knee.

Comment

Stoppage was early. Yoshino is a notorious slow started. He got hit with a lot of shots by Nakatani too for the first 6 rounds. Almost looked like he was getting outclassed and beat up at times in that fight too. Ultimately he came back to KO Nakatani and win. So he proved he's extra durable. Very unlikely he beats Stevenson but the fight should have been allowed to continue a few more rounds or at least up to the point if/when Yoshino got knocked down again.

Comment

the Stoppage was a little premature but the difference in skill level was so wide it was just a complete mismatch so nobody its gonna argue that much

Comment

I think Shakur can beat all the lightweights on points--even Tank, Ryan, Haney, etc. Or maybe not--we will see.

Comment

Stoppage was a complete joke

Comment

Working...
                    X