Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Xander Zayas vs. Ronald Cruz Added To Josh Taylor-Teofimo Lopez Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Xander Zayas vs. Ronald Cruz Added To Josh Taylor-Teofimo Lopez Card

Junior middleweight phenom Xander Zayas is set to shine on the eve of Puerto Rican Day Parade in New York City. Zayas will return in a 10-round re-scheduled battle against Ronald "Diablo" Cruz Saturday, June 10 at The Theater at Madison Square Garden. Zayas-Cruz will serve as the co-feature to the junior welterweight showdown between WBO champion Josh Taylor and former unified and lineal lightweight king Teofimo Lopez.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Looking forward to seeing what Shu Shu looks like. He's been pretty good so far, but they didn't even say who he's fighting.
    crimsonfalcon07 crimsonfalcon07 likes this.

Comment

Zayas looked repetitive in his last fight. I didn't see him do adjustments during the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
        Zayas looked repetitive in his last fight. I didn't see him do adjustments during the fight.
        Your right STREET CLEANER, in his last fight he was repetitive, which can be dangerous, and lead to a loss.
        He has to show better boxing IQ, imagination, creativity, and overall skill set's in his future bout's, or else his opponent's will figure out his next move'(s) in the ring.
        He's already missed out on to scheduled fight card's, once due to sickness (Australia), and most recently due to injury.
        Hopefully he'll accelerate his fighting schedule for the rest of this year, and make up for both of those missed opportunities.

Comment

Good fight. Looking forward to this fight card.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

Your right STREET CLEANER, in his last fight he was repetitive, which can be dangerous, and lead to a loss.
            He has to show better boxing IQ, imagination, creativity, and overall skill set's in his future bout's, or else his opponent's will figure out his next move'(s) in the ring.
            He's already missed out on to scheduled fight card's, once due to sickness (Australia), and most recently due to injury.
            Hopefully he'll accelerate his fighting schedule for the rest of this year, and make up for both of those missed opportunities.
            He is looking too much like Verdejo. Repeats his attacks, don't adjust and now inactivity when he is upcoming and developing. Hopefully he gets on track and his trainers saw what we are seeing.

Great fighters are the ones that successfully can adjust effectively in the ring and he has to learn that if he wants any success.

Comment

I got so angry with Xander Zayas when he missed out on his scheduled fight on 6/2022, in the MSG.
              That was due to catching a virus while going to Australia as part of Kamboso's entourage.
              So maybe now he's learned after the fact that his career is more important than getting a free to Australia.
              Injuries are part of the sport, so I can understand that missed opportunity as it might have been beyond his control.
              More importantly he's got an up, and coming undefeated fighter calling out him out by name as if Xander owe's him something.
              I say Xander does owe him something, and that's a good ass kicking, if he's even capable to give him one.
              As Jahi Tucker is no joke when it comes to fighting, and I mean fighting hard, as he demonstrated in his last fight on ESPN.
              Tucker just moved up to Xander's weight division, and Xander could use some serious testing inside the ring.
              It looks like Tucker want's to provide that serious test, and what's even more that, it looks like he can provide him with that serious test inside the ring.
              I think that Xander pass the test with flying color's, but not before he's severely taxed to his very limit's.
              They were praising this kids abilities to high heaven, so if your the second coming of Felix Trinidad, or Miguel Cotto.
              Well then prove it to the masses, you can start by defeating the undefeated Jahi Tucker, who's been calling you out on worldwide cable TV/ShoTime.

Comment

"Brooklyn featherweight prodigy Bruce “Shu Shu” Carrington (7-0, 4 KOs), who knocked out Brandon Chambers in the second round, makes his third appearance at The Theater at Madison Square Garden."

Glad to know Shu-Shu will be back in action! Hopefully Shu-Shu can fight Raymond Ford this year? That would be a good one! Was hoping TR would step up the competition for Xander Zayas in 2023! Xander Zayas vs. Jesus Ramos would be FIRE!!! Same with Jose Armando Resendiz! Resendiz's trainer said he can make 154 easily!
                Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post
                  I got so angry with Xander Zayas when he missed out on his scheduled fight on 6/2022, in the MSG.
                  That was due to catching a virus while going to Australia as part of Kamboso's entourage.
                  So maybe now he's learned after the fact that his career is more important than getting a free to Australia.
                  Injuries are part of the sport, so I can understand that missed opportunity as it might have been beyond his control.
                  More importantly he's got an up, and coming undefeated fighter calling out him out by name as if Xander owe's him something.
                  I say Xander does owe him something, and that's a good ass kicking, if he's even capable to give him one.
                  As Jahi Tucker is no joke when it comes to fighting, and I mean fighting hard, as he demonstrated in his last fight on ESPN.
                  Tucker just moved up to Xander's weight division, and Xander could use some serious testing inside the ring.
                  It looks like Tucker want's to provide that serious test, and what's even more that, it looks like he can provide him with that serious test inside the ring.
                  I think that Xander pass the test with flying color's, but not before he's severely taxed to his very limit's.
                  They were praising this kids abilities to high heaven, so if your the second coming of Felix Trinidad, or Miguel Cotto.
                  Well then prove it to the masses, you can start by defeating the undefeated Jahi Tucker, who's been calling you out on worldwide cable TV/ShoTime.
                  That needs to happen, and June 10th at MSG would've been perfect! TR must not like how Xander looked in his last fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    That needs to happen, and June 10th at MSG would've been perfect! TR must not like how Xander looked in his last fight?
                    It definitely wasn't one of Xanders' better performance's, but we have to keep in mind that his opponent was a grown man.
                    While Xander on the other hand is still growing, and developing. I think in another year Xander knock's his last opponent in the early round's.
                    Xander vs Tucker would've been an amazing match up, and fight for this coming June 10th at the MSG. I completely agree with you there brother.

Comment

Working...
                    X