Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tapping The Brakes on Shakur Stevenson's Lightweight Hype

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tapping The Brakes on Shakur Stevenson's Lightweight Hype

Shakur Stevenson is a star. He's an attraction. He's an elite, world-class fighter. And he reminds me as much of a young Floyd Mayweather Jr. as anyone has since Floyd himself. So before anyone misconstrues and calls me a "hater" or worse, reread those lines.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Cypocryphy Cypocryphy likes this.

Sorry, Lyle. Got to call you out.

If you're going to "tap the brakes" on Shakur over who he beat and who they beat, I'm going to need you to also "tap the brakes" on Boots and Crawford for the same reason.

Let's be consistent.

Comment

My whole issue with Stevenson is that fight in the parking garage they got on video. That kind of fight makes you a thug in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by AmpMcv View Post
        My whole issue with Stevenson is that fight in the parking garage they got on video. That kind of fight makes you a thug in my eyes.
        He could have been a clean cut, clean image fighter, but that incident did damage his image. Especially since it was over a girl who turned him down while Shakur already was in a relationship. Dude straight up started scrapping with a female which is a no go on my book. The worse part was he couldn't even knock her out

Other than that, when it comes to boxing I tend to ignore the shlt outside the ring and Shakur will probably be sitting on top the throne when the smoke settles at 135.
        Ghost Jab Ghost Jab likes this.

Comment

people were hailing shakur as the next sugar ray before he even turned pro

Comment

Some of the best fighters out there are not necessarily good guys, but that's the way it is. Now it's in style to talk sh..t like gangsters before you fight.
            real raw real raw likes this.

Comment

"But based on what I’ve heard and read so far, you’d have thought Shuichiro Yoshino was the second coming of Roberto Duran."

What? Who said this?

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post

If you're going to "tap the brakes" on Shakur over who he beat and who they beat, I'm going to need you to also "tap the brakes" on Boots and Crawford for the same reason.

Let's be consistent.
                You're right about Ennis, but wrong about Crawford. While Bud has only beat Porter in the welterweight division, he did unify at junior welterweight which is more than Stevenson has accomplished.
                The D3vil The D3vil likes this.

Comment

Let's be consistent.
                  I take back my original comment. I forgot that Stevenson did unify at super featherweight. My bad...
                  Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Let's be consistent.
                    Terrance Crawford not only fought champions he won eight world titles in 3 weight classes, made boxing history unifying at 140lbs and currently the WBO 147lb champion.

In fact...if Terrance Crawford quit today he is guaranteed Hall of Fame status.

The D3vil The D3vil likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X