Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum Says He Would Be 'Happy' to Promote Regis Prograis If He Proves He is a 'Real Free Agent'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bob Arum Says He Would Be 'Happy' to Promote Regis Prograis If He Proves He is a 'Real Free Agent'

Regis Prograis may have a powerful suitor waiting to support him. The WBC 140-pound titlist from New Orleans recently announced that he has become a free agent, a position he hopes will improve his business standing in the sport.
    [Click Here To Read More]

the politics of boxing are not something i like to try and figure out but if Prograis decides to go in the Arum direction it could bring about a lot of fights for him i still see Prograis as someone out for the money and money first. Going back to the WBSS or some of his fights with who he aligned himself with. Not that there is a law against it but sometimes that approach to boxing can leave a fighter without the fights that people want to see. Not a duck not saying that just might sound like or act like a quack is all. I realize he is a good fighter blah blah blah.......

Comment

That would be fantastic for Prograis. I think this is what many of us have been hoping for. There would be no better place for him right now than at Top Rank. He'd get Lopez or his rematch with Taylor, for sure.

Comment

I don't care who promotes Prograis, just make the unification fight between him, and Matias next.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post
          I don't care who promotes Prograis, just make the unification fight between him, and Matias next.
          He won't sign with PBC, and he won't wanna go anywhere near Matias, Ergashev, and Russell! He's looking for the BIG BAG, and that only comes with Teofimo Lopez, Josh Taylor, Jose Ramirez, and Devin Haney!

Comment

Just wondering why PBC/SHO are not interested in signing Prograis, whose circle of friends are in the PBC side of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              He won't sign with PBC, and he won't wanna go anywhere near Matias, Ergashev, and Russell! He's looking for the BIG BAG, and that only comes with Teofimo Lopez, Josh Taylor, Jose Ramirez, and Devin Haney!
              I have to disagree with you Bronx2245, Matias has put Prograis on full blast, by calling him out for about two year's now.
              At some point in the very near future Prograis' pride, and that constant question (as to when is he going to silence Matias) is going to get to him.
              He will then have to answer the call, and the question's, as a matter of principle, pride, honor, and being a true champion himself.
              Last edited by Boricua181; 04-11-2023, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Bob Arum keeps boxers out of big fights unless he owns a piece of them.

That’s what’s wrong with boxing. Prograis got the shaft from Bob when he was a contender and now again that he is a world champion…these are monopolistic practices that should not be allowed.
                H.B.Viper H.B.Viper likes this.

Comment

I have to disagree with you Bronx2245, Matias has put Prograis on full blast, by calling him out for about two year's now.
                  At some point in the very near future Prograis' pride, and that constant question (as to when is he going to silence Matias) is going to get to him.
                  He will then have to answer the call, and the question's, as a matter of principle, pride, honor, and being a true champion himself.
                  He already fought with the PBC on a Tank undercard and left them right after the fight
                  H.B.Viper H.B.Viper likes this.

Comment

Other than You and I, no one is calling for Prograis to fight Matias! They want to see him fight the Top Rank guys at 140, who have much more visibility! The Top Rank guys aren't calling out Matias either! They don't even mention him! Matias might have to consider fighting Boots Ennis at 147! The guys at 140 don't want to go anywhere near him!

Comment

Working...
                    X