Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keyshawn Davis Beats Down, Stops Anthony Yigit in Ninth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Keyshawn Davis Beats Down, Stops Anthony Yigit in Ninth

NEWARK, New Jersey - Keyshawn Davis punctuated another superb performance with a technical knockout this time around. Almost four months after going the distance with durable Mexican veteran Juan Carlos Burgos, Davis battered and bloodied Anthony Yigit for eight-plus rounds on his way to a TKO victory Saturday night on the Shakur Stevenson-Shuichiro Yoshino undercard at Prudential Center. Davis dropped Yigit late in the eighth round with a body shot, resumed his vicious assault on the courageous Swedish southpaw as soon as the ninth round began and caused referee Benjy Esteves to stop their scheduled 10-rounder while Yigit was still standing.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Poor stoppage. I hate when a network/promotion does what they can to over stat the KO percentage of a fighter that they're trying to establish as an unbeatable knock out artist. This Corrupt BS has to stop!

Comment

I don't like Keyshawn Davis but give the annoying guy his credit. This is a health damaging sport. All week the fans on here was saying that he was going to lose. He did his part

Comment

First time I've seen the kid fight. Reminds me of Broner when he was at LW. Stood in the pocket and walked his man down. Looks like he's got the goods.
        mike ruler mike ruler likes this.

Comment

Very fast fighter. Don't like his attitude especially as an Olympian.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet_Science_ View Post
            First time I've seen the kid fight. Reminds me of Broner when he was at LW. Stood in the pocket and walked his man down. Looks like he's got the goods.
            I see some Broner in there good call. I think his feet are considerably better, and it seems like he's more humble, which I know, water is also wet.

Comment

Poor stoppage, obviously did not want to see Yigit hear the final bell, would take some polish off the win.

Comment

Working...
              X