Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Shakur Stevenson, Shuichiro Yoshino - Face To Face at Final Presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Shakur Stevenson, Shuichiro Yoshino - Face To Face at Final Presser

Stevenson, Yoshino Press Conference Photos Gallery - Undefeated former two-weight world champion Shakur Stevenson (19-0, 9 KOs) will take on Japanese puncher Shuichiro Yoshino (16-0, 12 KOs) in a 12-round WBC lightweight title eliminator this Saturday at Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. (photos by Mikey Williams)
    [Click Here To Read More]

Shakur by wide UD
    Anderson by KO 4
    Davis by TKO 7​

Comment

Shakur Stevenson has THE most punchable face in the sport.
      blackbakers blackbakers likes this.

Comment

Shakur the one fighter I never understand the hype behind. Guy hasn't beaten anyone of note and am suppose to believe he beats Tank, Haney, Garcia and those guys like 've been hearing. I don't think so. He had a chance to fight Jermaine Ortiz in this fight but I guess he never wanted it. That is telling esp seeing how Ortiz gave Loma a hard fight.
        TopekaSam TopekaSam likes this.

Comment

I most have a distorted view on Shakur's height like I did with Teo, likely because I seen him towering over most super featherweights excluding Robson Conceicao. Yet Yoshino whose around most lightweight's height looks quite decently taller.

Not that height matters much in this case since it is minimal, just thought he be able to compete at 147 like Crawford at the end of his career, but 140 might be his ceiling.

Favoring a rehydrated Shakur who will pack more of wallop but people shouldn't be overlooking Yoshino after his victories over Ito and Nakatani.
          Last edited by Feroz; 04-06-2023, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by whirlout View Post
            Shakur the one fighter I never understand the hype behind. Guy hasn't beaten anyone of note and am suppose to believe he beats Tank, Haney, Garcia and those guys like 've been hearing. I don't think so. He had a chance to fight Jermaine Ortiz in this fight but I guess he never wanted it. That is telling esp seeing how Ortiz gave Loma a hard fight.
            Shakur will stay far far away from Jermaine Ortiz, or anyone like him. No disrespect to Yoshino, but this is a huge step backwards for Stephenson. Champion at 130# moves up and avoids every known commodity at lightweight. This says a lot about Shakurs makeup. Not able to step up. The other fight on this card is also trash. Big Baby fighting a 5’10” heavyweight who weighs about 220 pounds. Maybe take the training wheels off and fight a Sanchez, Bakolie, Ajabi or a guy top 15-20 instead of a very undersized guy ranked below you. The other fight I give Keyshawn a pass at 7-0 he is fighting a pretty tough guy in Yigit.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyCan View Post

Shakur will stay far far away from Jermaine Ortiz, or anyone like him. No disrespect to Yoshino, but this is a huge step backwards for Stephenson. Champion at 130# moves up and avoids every known commodity at lightweight. This says a lot about Shakurs makeup. Not able to step up. The other fight on this card is also trash. Big Baby fighting a 5’10” heavyweight who weighs about 220 pounds. Maybe take the training wheels off and fight a Sanchez, Bakolie, Ajabi or a guy top 15-20 instead of a very undersized guy ranked below you. The other fight I give Keyshawn a pass at 7-0 he is fighting a pretty tough guy in Yigit.
              I agree.

Everyone else that moves up at least fights a noteworthy guy. Could've tried to fight Cruz at least? Favors Shakur but it's an opponent everyone knows is a live dog at least.

Comment

On paper and based on the eye test, Shakur is P4P more skillful than, Haney, Tank, Ryan. How come he isn’t as popular as them?
                Alexis67 Alexis67 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyCan View Post

It's actually Jamaine Ortiz, but it's amazing how the hate just never ceases. There's no one that makes sense for Shakur to fight that he will avoid. There are just bigger fish for Shakur to fry right now.
                  Alexis67 Alexis67 likes this.

Comment

always good to see a japanese fighter at primetime

Comment

Working...
                    X