Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce: I'd Definitely Force a Stoppage on Franklin, Joshua's Ripe For The Picking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce: I'd Definitely Force a Stoppage on Franklin, Joshua's Ripe For The Picking

Olympic silver medal winner Joe Joyce is very confident in his ability to score a knockout victory over countryman Anthony Joshua. Joshua, a former two-time heavyweight champion, was in action last Saturday night in London at the O2 Arena.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So now all the top heavyweights will pass Franklin around when they need a win
    Sayithowitisuk Bob likes this.

Comment

No point in seeing who better man is between Josh and whyte. I d prefer to see who better man is between Joyce v josh. Or even Joyce v franklyn. But franklyn won't want to be robbed again.
      But jermain will get all the fights now, I'm sure Jared Anderson and all the prospects will want to see if they can do better than Josh did
      Last edited by hugh grant; 04-05-2023, 01:47 PM.

Comment

There's no point in a Joyce v Franklin fight , Joyce has much better tougher fights out there. I think Whyte looked bad enough in his last two fights to be good enough to fight Joshua , who looked terrible, worst than ever.Even the very pro Joshua faithful were booing towards the end.
        Last edited by thack; 04-05-2023, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
          There's no point in a Joyce v Franklin fight , Joyce has much better tougher fights out there. I think Whyte looked bad enough in his last two fights to be good enough to fight Joshua , who looked terrible, worst than ever.Even the very pro Joshua faithful were booing towards the end.
          No one is proposing a Joyce vs Frankling fight. The article was Joe's assessment of the fight -- and the headline borrows from where he says he would knock them both out, based on what he saw. That is his way of saying how he rates them, not that he expects to fight either of them any time soon.

Funnily enough, I think Zhilei Zhang would have been a much better opponent for Joshua than Franklin.

Comment

Joyce said a lot of smart stuff here but he also needs to remember he got KO'd in one round the last time him and AJ shared a ring. That and his performance against Jennings...

Originally posted by JimmyD729 View Post
            So now all the top heavyweights will pass Franklin around when they need a win
            Why?? Franklin has made everyone look bad so far.

Comment

If any boxer does better vs Franklin than AJ it doesn't mean that they will good vs AJ. So, that's a complete nonsense. It's obvious that AJ is not at his best just yet with his new trainer. Besides, guys like AJ find it not easy to fight short guys, it has to do with their style. AJ is not a jab all night kind of a fighter, he's a combination fighter so it's hard for him to throw combination when the opponent is low and slips. People are saying that AJ was doing a lot clinching but if you rewatch the fight unbiased then you will see that it was Franklin who most of the time just ran to AJ chest to hide his head. If it was Fury he would be throwing a lot rabbit punches all night and leaning on him. Not an exciting watch but it's effective.

Regarding be's form, I believe that he is going to bounce back. He just needs some time to settle with his new trainer, once his settled he will be at top of his game towards end of the year.
              Kesslerfan#1 Kesslerfan#1 likes this.

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing Joyce vs Wilder or Fury.

Comment

Slojo is looking at a 6 lane highway and he can tailgate the fords and Chevys all day, but speed is power.

Comment

Joyce should be pursuing a fight with Fury.

Fury is more obligated to fight Joyce than Joshua.

It would not be good match making for Joshua to fight Joyce now 'And as a contender, Joshua can steer his own path back towards a title position'.

I have noticed the way hardcore Fury fans, and queens-bury promotions 'Seem to tactically want to see all of Fury's nearest competition fight each other, instead of actually fighting Tyson Fury'. They make these demands to protect Fury, that is how I read this type of situation.

Fighters are still speaking of Joshua, and behaving towards him as if he is a Champion.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 04-05-2023, 06:53 PM.
                    letsgochump letsgochump likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X