Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chantelle Cameron Explains Request To Remove Ellie Scotney From May 20 Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chantelle Cameron Explains Request To Remove Ellie Scotney From May 20 Card

Undisputed junior welterweight champion Chantelle Cameron explained her decision to request the removal of Ellie Scotney from Katie Taylor's undercard in Dublin. The event is scheduled to take place on May 20.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Cameron seems to have a pretty fragile mind.
    Hitmon Hitmon rudy rudy like this.

Comment

Damn lol that's messed up I don't know much about either of them but how can you deny someone a paycheck over something like that? Who is Cameron anyways? Does she have that type of pull to request removal especially over something petty like that?

Imagine if every fighter who changed trainers wouldn't allow anyone else trained by their former trainer to fight on their cards. Talk about being a mental midget.
      real raw real raw likes this.

Comment

She should not be a fighter and she will lose
        Hitmon Hitmon likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
          Damn lol that's messed up I don't know much about either of them but how can you deny someone a paycheck over something like that? Who is Cameron anyways? Does she have that type of pull to request removal especially over something petty like that?

Imagine if every fighter who changed trainers wouldn't allow anyone else trained by their former trainer to fight on their cards. Talk about being a mental midget.
          We don't actually know what "that" is though. Clearly, something serious occurred between Cameron and McGuigan if there's a non-disclosure agreement.

I'm sure Scotney will take it personal because it's a huge card, but she's just collateral damage.

Comment

Cameron's a headliner, she has every right. Scotney should've requested to talk with her in private about what happened with McGuigan. Maybe, they could've come to an understanding or reached an agreement.
            Last edited by boxing IQ; 04-05-2023, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

We don't actually know what "that" is though. Clearly, something serious occurred between Cameron and McGuigan if there's a non-disclosure agreement.

I'm sure Scotney will take it personal because it's a huge card, but she's just collateral damage.
              If there are no criminal charges then nothing happened otherwise we would've heard about it long ago and McGuigan wouldn't be allowed on any of the networks period let alone just this one card. Seems like some diva **** and it's denying another fighter an opportunity at a showcase on a huge card (for the UK/Ireland not anywhere else).​

Originally posted by boxing IQ View Post
              Cameron's a headliner, she has every right. Scotney should've requested to talk with her in private about what happened with McGuigan. Maybe, they could've come to an understanding or reached an agreement.
              Lmao since when? Since she won some vacant titles against someone Taylor already beat? Taylor is the headliner she calls the shots, Cameron is just there to give up her belts.
              Hitmon Hitmon likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
                If there are no criminal charges then nothing happened otherwise we would've heard about it long ago and McGuigan wouldn't be allowed on any of the networks period let alone just this one card. Seems like some diva **** and it's denying another fighter an opportunity at a showcase on a huge card (for the UK/Ireland not anywhere else).​
                Cameron is in a lose-lose. She either has to co-exist with McGuigan, or she has to play the villain. The Irish crowd is gonna see her as a villain anyway, and this situation with Scotney will only had fuel to the fire. Cameron better be mentally prepared for the backlash.

Comment

Damn, I was going to pick Cameron, but she's going to have to be totally focused on beating Taylor every single round in Ireland. I mean she's going to have to win all 10 to avoid a robbery on the decision, these distractions can't take even a sliver of her focus away.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing IQ View Post
                    Cameron is butting her nose into Scotney’s business and robbing her of a payday and a high-visibility fight because of HER past personal issues with someone else. So why is Scotney somehow obligated to give Cameron an easy out by talking to her “in private” about it instead of doing what she did - exposing Cameron to the world. It’s also lame that once Cameron got publicly called out on it, she played the “my mental health is at risk” and “I’m being bullied” cards that too many fighters now use to try and avoid being held accountable for performing or behaving poorly. I was actually rooting for Cameron to beat Taylor - who has benefited from too many gift decisions - but not now. And where is Eddie “I got an opinion and run my mouth about everything” Hearn on this?
                    Last edited by Roj; 04-05-2023, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X