Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tim Tszyu Plans To Fight By June, Says Charlo Fight is Delayed To August/September

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tim Tszyu Plans To Fight By June, Says Charlo Fight is Delayed To August/September

According to top junior middleweight Tim Tszyu, there is a further delay to his mandatory fight with undisputed world champion Jermell Charlo. Tszyu saw action last month, when he picked up a ninth round knockout of former world champion Tony Harrison.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Don't know if this is a good or bad thing for Tszyu. It's good to be active to stay sharp, but to fight again a possible 2-3 months before the biggest fight of your career against the toughest opponent of your career is a far bigger risk than taking on Harrison early in the year. Power to him if he can stay healthy and not risk having the fight postponed in case he suffers an injury somewhere along the way. After his performance against Harrison, the Charlo fight just got a big boost in interest.

Comment

They should start stripping Charlo of belts starting with the WBO belt because of inactivity.

Comment

Originally posted by techdude69 View Post
        They should start stripping Charlo of belts starting with the WBO belt because of inactivity.
        I agree....seems like his last fight is a faded distant memory.

Comment

I am charlo fan but the sake of boxing give up the titles no way you can come back straight in to a title fight

Comment

Well done Tszyu.
            stay active and fight the best
            STREET CLEANER STREET CLEANER likes this.

Comment

Hmm... I know people say the 154 division is weak. But Charlo has taken every challenge and hasn't exactly had it easy.

It is frustrating to not see him in the ring for a while, but I do feel he deserves to get this time off without being stripped. It's not like him to be super inactive. Him and Jermall are completely different when it comes to activity. I do really dislike the division being held up. So I understand why some people would like to see him stripped.

Whether you are a fan of his personality/attitude or not, he's an exciting fighter. It's good for the entire sport of boxing to have someone like Jermell as a champion.
              Last edited by nghtmr111; 04-04-2023, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Tszyu needs to stay busy because he's going to need to be sharp. Charlo is no joke to any sense of the word. I can't wait for this fight .
                STREET CLEANER STREET CLEANER likes this.

Comment

This is honestly another blessing for tyszu cause it gives him more experience to get ready for Charlo. He needs to take a tough fight tho so he can keep growing, castano would b perfect. That would build the fight up more as well as gain him experience. If not castano, maybe Danny would take the fight for that Australia money, or Smith would b good too. Hell even one of the eastern euro guys like kurbonov or murtazeliev wouldn't b bad.

Comment

Tszyu vs Castano would be a damn good fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X