Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Promoter: Jermaine Franklin Showed He Has Ability To Be Elite Heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Promoter: Jermaine Franklin Showed He Has Ability To Be Elite Heavyweight

Promoter Dmitriy Salita believes heavyweight contender Jermaine Franklin is still very much in the frame to become an elite fighter in his weight class.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Where can I bet against that happening ?
    Tatabanya Tatabanya likes this.

Comment

He showed a fantastic chin, but I felt his activity was lacking....could be due to getting countered hard by clean right hands and uppercuts from one of the hardest punchers at HW, but who knows.
      Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

Franklin would be honored to be considered at half the level of Tony Tubbs.
        BlackRobb BlackRobb likes this.

Comment

He has a good chin and no power. He can be a good gatekeeper. i wish him good luck and that he makes some life changing money.

Comment

Good luck Jermaine- AJ will be the easiest opponent you’ll have the chance to beat

Comment

Elite? No

still, I bet promoters won't put any prospects in with him either. Could be a very tricky nights work and high risk if you're not experienced.

I think that will work in his favour though because he's now pretty credible for going the distance and putting up the decent effort but he's also beatable...so he could probably get fights with the likes of Ruiz,
              Joyce and that kind of level of fighter, which will probably be decent money.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                Elite? No

still, I bet promoters won't put any prospects in with him either. Could be a very tricky nights work and high risk if you're not experienced.

I think that will work in his favour though because he's now pretty credible for going the distance and putting up the decent effort but he's also beatable...so he could probably get fights with the likes of Ruiz,
                Joyce and that kind of level of fighter, which will probably be decent money.
                Franklin seems to have taken the place of Chisora 'As a solid heavyweight who can give world level heavyweights good work'.

The word elite, I think is used a bit too much in boxing these days 'At any given time, there is only a few elite fighters in all divisions'.

Fury, Usyk are the only definitive elite fighters on ratings currently right now in the heavyweight division.

Joyce is high end world level, threatening to enter into elite territory 'Joshua is also now back at this level'.

Franklin, Whyte, Dubois fighters in this category are High end European level to World level fighters.

Franklin has proven that he is definitely a solid heavyweight, you cannot discount his last two performances 'But in order for him to rise through the levels, he will have to get a solid win'.

Franklin vs Wallin, Chisora, Takam, Dubois 'These are all good fights for him'.

People have been mocking Franklin 'But how he grasped the opportunity to push Whyte, has really sparked his career'.

And he has shown that, he is really pushing himself. Franklin was 17 pounds lighter against Joshua, to when he fought Whyte.
                Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 04-03-2023, 11:59 AM.

Comment

boxrec still has him rated at 34 and 2.5 stars. he's definately deserving of a higher ranking than that now.

Comment

He Has Ability To Be Elite Heavyweight, like hell he does! He has loss two fights in a row to B- heavyweights and isn't nothing but a challenge for those trying to move forward, however he could probably make some decent money before becoming a trailhorse but that's about it!

Comment

Working...
                    X