Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua: Deep Down, I'm Not Happy Because Ultimate Goal Was Knockout Of Franklin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joshua: Deep Down, I'm Not Happy Because Ultimate Goal Was Knockout Of Franklin

Anthony Joshua needed a win more than anything Saturday night because he hadn't emerged from a fight victorious in 27 months. From that perspective, soundly out-pointing Jermaine Franklin in their 12-round bout amounted to a success for the 33-
    [Click Here To Read More]

AJ vs David Price for the "I-get-rigid-when-I-get-hit" crown.
    takenotes takenotes likes this.

Comment

Franklin is not bad but he's not good either, Joshua wanted to be judged on this fight and he was poor.He said only a KO would count , he failed to deliver!

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
        Franklin is not bad but he's not good either, Joshua wanted to be judged on this fight and he was poor.He said only a KO would count , he failed to deliver!
        He failed to deliver as a whole performance, well beyond the missed KO.

He was fighting scared, was breathing heavily at the end of the first round already, and ended the fight with yet another nervous outburst. All signs of impending trouble ahead, if you ask me.

Comment

Franklin took some big shots and didn’t flinch

Joshua looked scared stiff to let his hands go

Still won easily but he’s not the same fighter he was

Comment

AJ has brought a lot of casuals to the sport, some of whom might go on the be true boxing fans, he shouldn't be to hard on himself, I feel Franklin will give most fighters a hard night, in terms of making them look bad.

Comment

If you want KOs you gotta go for them, waiting for the perfect technical shot doesn't bring KOs, AJ gotta step on the gas and become more aggressive, he has the boxing skills without any fire, its like he thinks too much and doesn't get into the flow of the fight.
              factsarenice factsarenice likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
                If you want KOs you gotta go for them, waiting for the perfect technical shot doesn't bring KOs, AJ gotta step on the gas and become more aggressive, he has the boxing skills without any fire, its like he thinks too much and doesn't get into the flow of the fight.
                I couldn't put my finger on it but you summed it up, well said.

Comment

I can't stand Wilder slave minded asS, but this would be easy work for him, a scarred fighter is a dead fighter!

Comment

AJ stopped being aggressive after he lost to Ruiz (And possibly started when he was rocked by Wlad and was gassed for 3-4 rounds) But surely you can tell in Ruiz 2 he just stayed outside and was very careful with his shots. He could have and should have KO'd Usyk considering Usyk does not have that much power but he never let his hands go. If he fights Wilder he will be even MORE cautious and would probably win a UD.

Comment

Working...
                    X