Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Joshua Closed The Fight Very Well, Huge Pressure, Career On The Line

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Joshua Closed The Fight Very Well, Huge Pressure, Career On The Line

Eddie Hearn, promoter for former two-time heavyweight world champion Anthony Joshua, was satisfied with his boxer's performance against Jermaine Franklin.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Let's face it Joshua looks done .Franklin was handpicked for the KO and Joshua didn't come near to that. I was hoping for a KO to set up a fight with Fury . I not sure that Fury could get up for that level of competition . Joshua should maybe stick to fighting Whyte really as fighters like Tyson and Wilder would make a complete mess of this guy who's put his best efforts in a long time ago. He's done fantastic with his limited skills and although it pains me to say it Hearn has done a great job keeping him out of harms way for most of the time and making himself and AJ a fortune from the casuals along the way ...but the gravy train is very near the station , hence Joshua wanting , as he calls it 'that pot of gold' with Fury. Stick to Whyte Joshua and try to go out on a win.
    tokon tokon baroidi baroidi like this.

Comment

No, I don't think AJ wants to do this much longer so he want a pension fight. by far & away the biggest money would be v Fury but if he can't get that he'd get pretty decent money v Deontay. He wouldn't make a 1/4 that v Whyte. Basically, AJ isn't in the 'building career' phase, he's in the 'cash out' phase.

Comment

i hope franklin moves up from #34 on boxrec and gets at least 3.5 stars. I thought he beat whyte and he had some good moments against joshua.

Comment

On that performance it's just as well Joshua decided on this sort of opponent , Hearn has avoided most of the troublesome opponents to date and he'll have to continue with that blueprint as the minute he steps up , if ever , it's over.
          LAchargers373 LAchargers373 likes this.

Comment

Feed AJ bum to the lions of the division he’s cannon fodder. Fury Joyce and wilder will highlight reel KO him. Tbh rn I rate ruiz ortiz sanchez Zheng hrgovic all a lil above AJ atm. I would bet against him in every one of those fights and he’d lose at least half of them most likely more

Comment

Even after the Usyk losses I still considered Fury vs AJ a 50/50 fight. AJ had enough tools to potentially hurt Fury and take him out.
              Now? You have to either consider Fury winning by KO or a wide UD. AJ has a punchers chance but the Franklin fight was awful.

AJ shouldn't have ducked the Fury fight because now there's 12 more rounds of footage of him getting constantly tagged and even outboxed at some points.

Comment

I think Josh is ok and hopefully can get better. He is at his best now , as in past he was go I ng down to 40 years olds and little fat snicker eating guys. Don't think this cautious floyd m ayweather style Josh would

Comment

Originally posted by 1Eriugenus View Post
                  No, I don't think AJ wants to do this much longer so he want a pension fight. by far & away the biggest money would be v Fury but if he can't get that he'd get pretty decent money v Deontay. He wouldn't make a 1/4 that v Whyte. Basically, AJ isn't in the 'building career' phase, he's in the 'cash out' phase.
                  Joshua should just cash out against Fury before that fight loses more monetary value for both guys. Even what's left of Wilder now probably hurts him bad.

Comment

Working...
                  X