Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fabio Wardley Scores Controversial 4th-Round TKO Of Michael Coffie On Joshua-Franklin Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fabio Wardley Scores Controversial 4th-Round TKO Of Michael Coffie On Joshua-Franklin Card

Fabio Wardley wanted a much more convincing victory over Michael Coffie than he produced Saturday night. Wardley threw a flurry of punches at Coffie while Coffie was backed into the ropes early in the fourth round of their 10-round heavyweight fight on the Anthony Joshua-Jermaine Franklin undercard at O2 Arena in London. While Wardley caught Coffie with some of those punches, Coffie slipped enough of those shots to warrant being allowed to continue.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Awful stoppage. Howard Foster should be embarrassed.
    nikobg nikobg Moz_boxing Moz_boxing like this.

Comment

UK referees are a disgrace
      nikobg nikobg likes this.

Comment

Protect a scrub from being exposed stoppage. Wardley is terrible

Comment

How long are they going to keep pushing this scrub, Wardley is terrible and doesn’t even hit that hard. Coffie clearly landed the harder, better shots. The ref had to bail wardley out, when nothing significant landed.
          Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by VislorTurlough View Post
            I don't think it was about making Wardley look better. Coffie hadn't thrown a punch in a while and was taking unanswered shots... in all likelihood the end was coming.

What the early stoppage did was cast doubt over Wardley's win - ie it denied him credibility for the win.

I'm all for protecting fighters but it was too quick for both men.

Comment

Originally posted by VislorTurlough View Post
              Wardley isn't all that. But he was dominating an actual scrub. Still, it shouldn't have been stopped when it did. But it certainly wasn't to protect him. Haha.

I literally don't think you can not hate a British Heavyweight after Parker getting beat by AJ and Whyte broke your heart. It's been years and you still can't let it go. It's even carried on to other Heavies. Seek help like i told you to, JKP. Please.

Comment

Originally posted by Thatmanox View Post
                How long are they going to keep pushing this scrub, Wardley is terrible and doesn’t even hit that hard. Coffie clearly landed the harder, better shots. The ref had to bail wardley out, when nothing significant landed.
                You were watching a different fight to the living. Bless you though. But watch that stress. Especially when it's over nothing.

Comment

people please try to learn something about boxing before commenting. coffie made him look very bad wardly was punching air every round and managed to hit him with 3 punches without ever really hurting him still defending himself and the ref stopped the fight. i pick coffie all day long when both fighters have a full training camp and with a neutral referee
                  Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Moz_boxing View Post
                    people please try to learn something about boxing before commenting. coffie made him look very bad wardly was punching air every round and managed to hit him with 3 punches without ever really hurting him still defending himself and the ref stopped the fight. i pick coffie all day long when both fighters have a full training camp and with a neutral referee
                    They'll never fight again

Comment

Working...
                    X