Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Derrick James Believes Tony Harrison Has Regressed: "He Hasn't Been The Same Since He Fought Jermell"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Derrick James Believes Tony Harrison Has Regressed: "He Hasn't Been The Same Since He Fought Jermell"

Tony Harrison was eager to run things back with Jermell Charlo. But with the Detroit native coming off a split-decision draw against Bryant Perrella, he was forced to head to the back of the line. Although he would eventually bounce back from his lackluster showing, scoring a lopsided victory vs. Sergio Garcia, Tim Tszyu had first dibs on Charlo's undisputed throne.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It's not only what Jermell did to him:

Ali Salaam, father and trainer of former champ Tony Harrison, dies of coronavirus
    April 20, 2020

Ali Salaam, the father and trainer of former WBC junior middleweight champion Tony Harrison, has died because of the coronavirus. He was 59. The Premier Boxing Champions confirmed the death of Salaam, who was a professional welterweight from 1984 to '89 and compiled a record of 11-7 with 5 KOs. The native of Detroit was the son of Henry Hank, a middleweight and light heavyweight contender who boxed from 1953 to 1972. Harrison, who was recently stopped in 11 rounds by Jermell Charlo in their rematch on Dec. 21, posted a message on his Instagram in honor of Salaam on Monday morning.

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...es-coronavirus

R.I.P.!!!

Comment

I think it was more Bryant Perella that took it out of him a bit. I had him wining the Charlo fights till he got chinned but took more shots against Perella. And yeah might be due to concern for his father. Tony is a cool dude. I hope he keeps positive.
      Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Thanks Mr James
        Useful info if I was blind but thanks anyway

Comment

I agree with James, a few years ago, before those fights with Jermell, Tszyu would have faced a much better boxer in Harrison.
          Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Unfortunately that's boxing, that's part of the game. Yes, a few years earlier and the outcome would have probably been different, but that's also true of many fights. Jones - Traver a few years prior wouldn't even be a fight we would remember. If golovkin- Canelo happens even 2 years prior the win would have been wide for Golovkin. The string of tyson loses in the end... It's all about time, hell even Mayweather - de la hoya may have ran the other way a few years prior to that fight happening

Comment

Unbelievable. The Australian fighter just can't get any credit from these folks. Harrison came into the fight all confident and all telling the world he's fighting a basic guy. He got clipped and now this.

Read my lips doe:

Harrison folded simply because he fought a different beast with more claws and pangs. Got nothing to do with Charlo.

Tsk, tsk tsk....

Comment

Even in his prime, Tony was getting stopped by Hurd and Willie Nelson. I don't think it was the fights with Charlo that took anything out of him. He didn't take sustained punishment in either fight and was in both fights. Harrison has always lost a tire late in competitive fights.

Tim Ka-Zoo is nothing special. He's simply a poor man's Doug DeWitt. Charlo will roll him this Summer, then Tim can go back to fighting his usual Aussie bums.
                Last edited by BlackRobb; 04-02-2023, 01:16 AM.
                Charlie Zelenoff Charlie Zelenoff likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post
                  I agree with James, a few years ago, before those fights with Jermell, Tszyu would have faced a much better boxer in Harrison.
                  Agreed, harrison looked like a shell of his former self

Comment

Derrick James is correct, it look's like Jermell Charlo knocked the starch out of Tony Harrison, during their rematch.
                    Charlo really came prepared to do maximum damage in their second fight, after losing a controversial decision to Tony the first go round.
                    Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X