Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Franklin 22-Plus Pounds Lighter, Joshua 10 1/2 Pounds Heavier Than For Previous Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Franklin 22-Plus Pounds Lighter, Joshua 10 1/2 Pounds Heavier Than For Previous Fights

Jermaine Franklin's lifestyle changes since his last fight resulted in a steep drop in weight when the heavyweight contender stepped on the British Boxing Board of Control's scale Friday afternoon in London. Franklin came in at 234 3/4 pounds for his 12-round, non-title fight against Anthony Joshua on Saturday night at O2 Arena in London.
    [Click Here To Read More]

* AJ heaviest of his entire career.. Previous high was Takam at 254.

Comment

Maybe AJ just wants to blast out Franklin in 3 rounds max. Should work out well for him, but I'll be curious to see how fluid he is in the ring. Could be a factor for his future fights with Usyk or Duckson Fairy.

Comment

This doesn't bode well for Joshua.

Comment

The Robot will be retired soon. I hope he gets the Fury retirement check.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
            This doesn't bode well for Joshua.
            Franklin's reasons for losing weight are obvious: increase in speed and mobility. However, this isn't gonna be a 12-round boxing match. That 20lb weight difference may be enough for Joshua to hurt Franklin once they start exchanging.

Comment

the shirtlifter...i mean weightlifter is going to be outworked and franklin will get a worse decision than he did with whyte.......you heard it here first...........

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

Franklin's reasons for losing weight are obvious: increase in speed and mobility. However, this isn't gonna be a 12-round boxing match. That 20lb weight difference may be enough for Joshua to hurt Franklin once they start exchanging.
                It's not like he lost muscle though. Franklin very likely walked away from the Whyte fight realizing that he could have won it, and probably had a hell of a camp.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

Joshua has to let his nuts hang, and actually exchange though, which isn’t a given for him and his mindset.

Comment

People shouldn't get worked up over the statement it's Joshua's heaviest weight. He was 254 for Takam and Klitchko. I actually think all the talk of him trying to lose weight and be more mobile is what has screwed up his career in recent years. Earlier, this guy would go for the KO every time. And he had decent, not great, boxing skills. Then he tries to come in lighter and be a more technical boxer, and he just looks lost. Like he's stuck in a style that does not come naturally. So I say, keep the muscle and train as you did in your career prior to the Ruiz fight. Those were exciting fights, and AJ always got the result. FWIW, I don't rate Franklin very highly. The Whyte fight showed how mediocre both of them are, nothing more. AJ in 7...Ike out.
                    Last edited by Ike4president1970; 03-31-2023, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X