Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Feels Lowering PPV Price For Haney-Loma Will Result In Increased Interest, Buy Rate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum Feels Lowering PPV Price For Haney-Loma Will Result In Increased Interest, Buy Rate

By Keith Idec - Bob Arum's promotional company and its network partner, ESPN, took an atypical approach to setting the price for the pay-per-view show that'll feature Devin Haney and Vasiliy Lomachenko. Competitors, and even ESPN and Top Rank themselves, have previously raised prices when they've offered expensive events they believed would captivate consumers in the United States more than most pay-per-view shows.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Arum is deluding himself. Loma
    vs haney isn’t a PPV worthy fight. It’s gonna bomb badly no matter what they price it at.

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post
      vs haney isn’t a PPV worthy fight. It’s gonna bomb badly no matter what they price it at.
      Agree. They didn't even put loma vs lopez on ppv an that was pandemic era with no crowd. It's a good fight but its not a fight thats gonna draw huge attention because haney & loma ain't big draws. Tank & Garcia on the other hand are. You'd think that was the fight was for undisputed
      Last edited by Boxing2695; 03-31-2023, 12:03 AM.

Comment

I know Navarrete got touched up against Wilson but damn,Oscar vs Navarrete would really brought this card home and worth the $60. Still a decent card and I think a price point of $49.99 would've enticed more buyers but atleast it's a little reprieve from the now standard $80 ppv. Muratalla vs Nakathila should be a barnburner as well....
        landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post
          I think people in boxing are confused. Or most the people who complain about ppv are the ones who stream everything regardless and never buy a fight

Tank Garcia is a big fight both have a big following etc and i still saw people complaining about it being a ppv in the comments. Haney Loma is a fight betwen 2 elite boxers and people still complain about that ppv too. So either whichever fight it is there are always regardless what fight people complaining about ppv.

Comment

Lomachenko-Lopez wasn't a PPV fight but this is?

I encourage everyone to stream this. What a joke.

Comment

It would definitely do a grand total of......10k buys lol
              LAchargers373 LAchargers373 likes this.

Comment

I got a great idea...
                remember ABCs Wide World of Sports?
                Go that route!
                Save Boxing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

yeah Sorry Bob but the price is not the issue, it think fighter are just not doing a good enough job of marketing themselves to a different Crowd and Demo like Ryan Garcia does

We the Hardcores know this is great fight and far more meaningful to BOXING but to the Casuals, Tank vs Ryan Garcia is like this Megafight and they could careless about if a Belt will be on the Line. It will be a huge Event that Celebrities and Pro Fighters will come out for to be seen, to promoter what they have going on because they know a lot of eyes will be on that "EVENT"

I think it is STUPID for them to try and talk down on Tank vs Ryan Garcia when instead maybe trying to capitalize off of it by pushing for the Winners of each fight to fight each other and that way you can maybe get the people who buy Tank vs Ryan to buy Haney vs Loma but instead they choose to downplay it which is think will in return hurt Haney vs Loma numbers which will be decent but Tank vs Ryan will absolutely CRUSH and Drown Out this event despite again this fight being more important to BOXING

Can't compete with Tank vs Ryan because they reach a different demo that will not be watching Haney vs Loma

Support BOTH Events that way we could potential get an even BIGGER fight between the Winner of Both fights if Both events do great! Tank vs Haney, Ryan vs Haney, Tank vs Loma, Ryan vs Loma all great fights
                  Last edited by sicko; 03-31-2023, 01:32 AM.
                  mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    Lomachenko-Lopez wasn't a PPV fight but this is?

I encourage everyone to stream this. What a joke.
                    I don't follow....the only common denominator seems to be Loma. So you're saying Loma doesn't deserve to be on Ppv?

Comment

Working...
                    X