Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson Doesn't Believe That Ryan Garcia Has The IQ To Beat Tank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson Doesn't Believe That Ryan Garcia Has The IQ To Beat Tank

Fans have grabbed their calendars and have already begun counting the days. On April 22nd, at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, both Ryan Garcia and Gervonta "Tank" Davis will place their undefeated records on the line when they face off at a catchweight of 136 pounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Tank's KO power is obvious but his ring IQ doesn't get the credit it deserves, very underrated aspect. I agree with Shakur but Ryan does have the speed and power which is what makes this fight so interesting

Comment

Shakur believes he has achieved a lot already in his career, he should concentrate on raising his profile, he would learn a lot from Garcia

Comment

Originally posted by Knuckle sandwich View Post
        Shakur believes he has achieved a lot already in his career, he should concentrate on raising his profile, he would learn a lot from Garcia
        He has achieved more than most: Olympic medalist, professional championships, and millions of dollars. That's what most fighters fight for and he's done it by age 25

Comment

Much has been given to both fighters that goes beyound what there talents have yet to show in the ring as far as i can see. Maybe that is just the new way of boxing praise before proof, proof in the ring. It is all this PPV market that people or promoters want fans to believe is the only true baromiter of what a fighter is worth in the ring. Now that aint true but it sure seems to be one of the things they want to make it so bc it gets them more money in there pockets and dont let fans think for themselves. G.Davis, Ham on Rye, Too Sure Shakur have yet to prove it in the ring in any real way yet. They all got potential, they all are good at shining a light on themselves, they are prospects that have been treated very well in the inside boxing world but have yet to take the next big steps all will need to fight some real challenges in the ring to be the value they think they have or are.
          Knuckle sandwich Knuckle sandwich likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by juanpablo View Post

He has achieved more than most: Olympic medalist, professional championships, and millions of dollars. That's what most fighters fight for and he's done it by age 25
            Not bad, is he ppv, does he appeal to the casuals, he has a way to go, we shall see.

Comment

Ryan reminds me of Trinidad--sharp punching with both hands, KO power, but he gets hit. If Tank lands, it's over. Ryan has only a puncher's chance.

Comment

Not bad, is he ppv, does he appeal to the casuals, he has a way to go, we shall see.
                Yeah, I agree that he has ways to go because he doesn't appeal to casuals, that's true

Comment

Tank is in a different league than Ryan when it comes to fighting with intelligence. Ryan doesn't use his natural attributes to his advantage. He's tall, but he doesn't fight long or use his jab to set up or control the distance. He's athletic, but he fights flat-footed and plodding forward with little to no lateral movement. On defense, he pulls straight back with his chin in the air and his head on the line. Tank is going to punish him, Garcia's best bet would be to get knocked out quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Tibburon245 View Post
                    Ryan reminds me of Trinidad--sharp punching with both hands, KO power, but he gets hit. If Tank lands, it's over. Ryan has only a puncher's chance.
                    That's quite a compliment cuz I see more Diego Corrales in him.

Comment

Working...
                    X