No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua - Phase 3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua - Phase 3

By Cliff Rold - The third phase in the career of the biggest heavyweight ticket seller in boxing begins this Saturday (DAZN, 2 PM EST). It could end up being the most interesting phase of Joshua's career. Or could it play out as an epilogue? The first person who will get a chance to help answer that question will be the opponent the 33-year old Joshua has in front of him. 29-year old Jermaine Franklin (21-1, 14 KO) is a solid pro who appears to have all the elements one would expect to see versus a superstar coming off consecutive losses.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Will Fury also have a tune up before he and AJ go at it? Probably a good idea…I dunno…

Comment

I think Both Fury and AJ would get a lot of satisfaction icing out Usyk if and when Fury and AJ fight! (watch it be a trilogy).And afterwards they both retire, and Usyk has to get the crap beat out of him fighting other heavyweights for chump change by comparison!!lol
      And by the way- no one will give two sheets if Usyk becomes undisputed, without beating Fury for it!

Comment

Cliff I'm a fan of neither any more, both avoided undesputed using money as an excuse but Fury beat all ticket sale record's at Wembly. Meanwhile Aj struggles to sell out the 02.
        Aj needs for once to earn his shot, Eddie & Aj are desperate for Fury due to they're entitlement when Joyce, Hrgovic & Dubois are ahead of him in the que. Unfortunately the non sport of boxing doesn't work like that any more.
        If this is a final phase, he has to beat Frank then face Joyce Wilder & Fury, in that order. Usyk Aj 3, if Aj opens up like casuals wabt he get's maimed by Usyk.
        Like Eddie & Fury could ever agree anything xD the last attempt was killed by Ajs sponsor's, Ed sent back the contract demanding commercial control & A-side status for Aj who keeps loosing when he's not fighting shot old 38-41 yr olds. Fury will demand 80 20 & Aj will have to wear an eye patch.
        Last edited by Bob; 03-30-2023, 01:17 AM.
        Fact Fact likes this.

Comment

To be honest, Joshua, Wilder and Fury are the cancer of division right now.

Joshua is coming from two losses to the cruiserweight. beating a fringe guy wouldn`t mean he earned the shot. he is still a cash cow somehow, which is wrong.

Wilder is coming from two losses to Fury. beating his sparring partner Helenius doesn`t mean he should be in the mix. He also ducked Ruiz.

Fury is ducking Usyk and he seems like he doesn`t want to fight anybody half dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by Gypsy Bum View Post
            To be honest, Joshua, Wilder and Fury are the cancer of division right now.

Joshua is coming from two losses to the cruiserweight. beating a fringe guy wouldn`t mean he earned the shot. he is still a cash cow somehow, which is wrong.

Wilder is coming from two losses to Fury. beating his sparring partner Helenius doesn`t mean he should be in the mix. He also ducked Ruiz.

Fury is ducking Usyk and he seems like he doesn`t want to fight anybody half dangerous.
            Joshua fought an excellent mandatory and lost.

Why on earth would that make him a cancer to the sport? He did the thing that boxers are supposed to do.

Comment

I doubt Fury will take a high level fight anymore. He has lost his speed and who knows what else. His lifestyle has caught up with him. Joshua still hasn't reached his potential and James might just be the guy to bring out the best in him. It's also possible Joshua has peaked and the losses have damaged his mentality and we will see a shadow of his former self against Franklin.

Comment

Reminds me of Hayemaker 3.0.

AJ is what he is, a good HW but he can’t hang with the elite.
                LAchargers373 LAchargers373 likes this.

Comment

I believe under James we will see AJ as Vlad/Lennox 2.0. James is real good with mechanical fighters he can talk through a fight and that's what AJ needs. Spence technical plotter, Charlo technical boxer puncher when James can stop him from swinging for the fences. That what Steward was good at. I believe he will fight Joyce after Franklin, not Fury. He needs 2-3 fights under James before Fury. Hearn trying to rush AJ into defeats and cash outs. Might be time to cut him loose also.
                  Last edited by hhh1200; 03-30-2023, 02:46 AM.
                  Boxingtrucker Casualfanboy likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
                    Cliff I'm a fan of neither any more, both avoided undesputed using money as an excuse but Fury beat all ticket sale record's at Wembly. Meanwhile Aj struggles to sell out the 02.
                    Aj needs for once to earn his shot, Eddie & Aj are desperate for Fury due to they're entitlement when Joyce, Hrgovic & Dubois are ahead of him in the que. Unfortunately the non sport of boxing doesn't work like that any more.
                    If this is a final phase, he has to beat Frank then face Joyce Wilder & Fury, in that order. Usyk Aj 3, if Aj opens up like casuals wabt he get's maimed by Usyk.
                    Like Eddie & Fury could ever agree anything xD the last attempt was killed by Ajs sponsor's, Ed sent back the contract demanding commercial control & A-side status for Aj who keeps loosing when he's not fighting shot old 38-41 yr olds. Fury will demand 80 20 & Aj will have to wear an eye patch.
                    How many stations has Greedy Belly filled? I bet right now he cannot fill a kitchen without AJ. Greedy Belly is exposed as a coward who is only interested in low risk fights. AJ wanted an undisputed fight with Wilder and Greedy Belly but both declined to make it happen with ridiculous excuses.

Comment

Working...
                    X