Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia Says Joshua Training Next to Spence 'Makes a Big F------ Difference'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Robert Garcia Says Joshua Training Next to Spence 'Makes a Big F------ Difference'

Iron sharpens iron, as the kids say. According to trainer Robert Garcia, former heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua will benefit from having a full camp training alongside elite fighters such as Errol Spence Jr., the three-belt welterweight champion, and Jermell Charlo, the undisputed junior middleweight champion.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Garcia sounds mighty high on himself.
    Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

“Now he’s in a gym where there are times, there are rules, there are schedules. Derrick James has a schedule all day long with three other great fighters, world champions, guys that need their own time, guys that need to be there at a certain time." - Robert Garcia

I agree with Garcia! Joshua is not "The Man" in the U.S.! Now he's the man training next to "The Man!" Instead "1 of 1", he's just "one of us!"
      Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Just don’t let them in the same ring together, Spence might KO him

Comment

So now Joshua decided to train in the US.

If only Derek James would train Spece to step in the ring vs Crawford.

Too bad you can't train someone to have balls.

Top Rank/Crawford had no issue making a fight vs Porter.
          NoConcoms NoConcoms likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
            So now Joshua decided to train in the US.

If only Derek James would train Spece to step in the ring vs Crawford.

Too bad you can't train someone to have balls.

Top Rank/Crawford had no issue making a fight vs Porter.
            Crawford fighting Porter in his final fight before retirement showed no more balls than Spence fighting a younger, hungrier Porter two years before.

I think neither side is blameless in the failure of Spence vs Crawford to materialise. That said, I think Spence has generally fought a higher level of opponents at WW. And Crawford walking away from the fight negotiations with Spence to fight Avanesyan was not a good look.

Comment

Ok, I have to mention something about Robert Garcia's cornerwork...
              I have seen nobody point this out but I thought it was quite strange.

Anytime Joshua sat down he would put his arms on the ropes (Canelo does the same when he's exhausted)
              Robert Garcia just left them there.
              I can't find the fight as an example anymore, but it was a very high level coach that did it, the moment the fighter sat down and put his arms on the ropes, he would immediately slap them down. Every-time .

You can't properly rest/relax the shoulders and arms on the ropes, keeping them horizontally after keeping them up every round.
              Also better blood flow when they are hanging.
              Notice how Crawford rest them on his legs everytime when sitting down. He is totally focused on recovery, both in his breathing and with his arms.

I didn't understand this.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post

Crawford fighting Porter in his final fight before retirement showed no more balls than Spence fighting a younger, hungrier Porter two years before.

I think neither side is blameless in the failure of Spence vs Crawford to materialise. That said, I think Spence has generally fought a higher level of opponents at WW. And Crawford walking away from the fight negotiations with Spence to fight Avanesyan was not a good look.
                They both wanted that fight .
                porter was still a good tough fighter .

If crawford doesnt take the easy 10 mill in the tune up with Ava , he never fights in 2022. You cant as a business man just sit still. And look spence gets in a another accident .

Crawford doesnt need spence
                NoConcoms NoConcoms likes this.

Comment

Errol Spence fights like young George Foreman, a straight heavy bag beater. If Joshua devolopes that style, he gets chinned by any Top HW by mid rds.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                    Errol Spence fights like young George Foreman, a straight heavy bag beater. If Joshua devolopes that style, he gets chinned by any Top HW by mid rds.
                    Only if those Top HW are still standing by mid fight. If AJ fights like Spence probably no HW will last more than 7 rounds with him in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                    X