Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor: I Was Caught Between Two Styles; I'm Getting Back To My Old Self

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor: I Was Caught Between Two Styles; I'm Getting Back To My Old Self

Josh Taylor is out to prove his performance against Jack Catterall was an anomaly. The former fully unified 140-pound champion from Scotland is scheduled to defend his lone WBO belt against Teofimo Lopez on June 10 in New York City at either Madison Square Garden or the Garden's smaller sister venue, the Hulu Theater.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I like Taylor and I like his words, however, to me the odds are 3 to 1 that June 10th falls apart over the next 9 or so weeks. It wasn't being caught between styles that caused all of the non-starts and sputtering. Something unseen and significant is at play here.
    Last edited by Hooded Terror; 03-28-2023, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Translation: Boxercise Ben doesn’t know sh** about boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded Terror View Post
        I like Taylor and I like his words, however, to me the odds are 3 to 1 that June 10th falls apart over the next 9 or so weeks. It was being caught between styles that caused all of the non-starts and sputtering. Something unseen and significant is at play here.
        Binge drinking tends to lead to a lack consistency
        Hooded Terror Hooded Terror likes this.

Comment

Never liked the returning to “old self” saying. The mentality should be a new and improved version, forward progression.

Comment

Originally posted by Knuckle sandwich View Post

Binge drinking tends to lead to a lack consistency
            I think Taylor showed us what was going wrong in a video released in the lead-up to his fateful meeting with Jack Catterall. I remember Taylor showing the pub where he liked to hold court when he wasn't in training. I thought that a little odd but now looking back, very significant. I think he brought that little hobby-hole into the mix because it is a significant part of his world, possibly more significant than he even thought. Priorities should be family-profession-future. In the video we saw personal chef-training-pub-significant other-Taylor with significant other in the pub. The pub got as many or more clips than did his chef or his training.
            Last edited by Hooded Terror; 03-28-2023, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Him and Teo took their foes as easy KO victims and looked horrible trying to push for the KO instead of doing their fight.

Comment

Taylor is like Colbert. Overrated. He'll start losing going forward at the elite level.

Comment

Did Taylor get a new trainer?

Comment

ah that explains the catterall performance, he was caught in the middle of two styles & couldnt choose so he had to run away to rediscover himself & now hes back to his old self, ok

Comment

Working...
                    X